Part 1

I was really excited to see Harry that night. I hadn't seen him in so long and we finally got the chance to spend some quality time together. He had invited me to his house, since he wanted to cook me dinner. I balanced the chocolate cake on one hand as I pressed the buzzer.
I stared at the camera right beside it. That was new, it wasn't there the last time I had gone. Maybe it was to have more security.
"Good evening, Y/N. May I say you look stunning." Harry's voice announced through the speaker.
"Thanks." I smiled, waiting for him to open the door. But he didn't.
"Aren't you going to open?" I asked.
"Password?"
"Come on, Harry. It's cold out here. And I don't want the cake to fall." I whined.
"Ooh, you brought dessert. I wonder if I can see what it is from here..."
"Just let me in, please." I sighed, exasperated.
I heard the door unlock soon enough. I pushed it and closed it behind me with my body, careful not to trip. I walked through his huge front lawn watching every step. Wearing heels and holding chocolate cake terrified me of the reaction my clumsiness could have in this situation. Slowly, I made it to his door and there he was, opening the door at the right time.
I collapsed in front of him, he was able to save the cake in time.
"A great way to greet each other after such a long time." Harry chuckled.
I rolled my eyes as he helped me up. I kissed his cheek and hugged him.
"How have you been?" I asked.
"Before we catch up, would you like to change out of those heels?"
I thought he was joking, but seeing that he didn't laugh after he said it, I realized that he was being serious.
"Oh, um. Alright." I replied awkwardly, taking off my shoes in front of him and leaving them by the door.
"Come see my masterpiece." He said, motioning for me to follow.
The smell made my mouth water.

"What are you making?" I asked eagerly as we got to the kitchen to put the cake in the fridge.
"Since I know you love Italian food, I thought it would be great to make some pasta." Harry smiled at me, stirring the sauce pan.
"What kind of pasta?" I asked, reaching over to open the steaming pot.
Harry grabbed my hand, shaking his head.
"It's a surprise." He scolded.
"Well I hope it's not spaghetti." I giggled.
"Why's that?" He grinned, leaning over the counter to pay full attention to me.
"We've already talked about this, remember? It's the worst food to eat on a first date?" I laughed.
"Oh, yeah. But we're just friends. I don't mind you getting all messy while you eat, as long as you enjoy it." He smirked, getting back to the stove.
I sat in the bar stools right in front of him although his back was to me.
"How can I help?" I asked, ignoring his previous comment.
"I'm afraid you can't, this sauce is a secret recipe. You'll just have to drink some wine and watch me cook." He replied, walking over to the fridge.
He poured us both a glass.
"I won't complain then." I chuckled.
"How did the tour go?" Harry asked, changing the subject.
"Amazing. I'm really looking forward to writing the next album. How did yours go?"
"Great. They get better every time. I'm a bit sad we're on hiatus now but I'm also looking forward to writing my solo album and acting."
"I have to admit, I love your haircut." I added, imagining the feeling of running my fingers through his hair.
"You haven't cut yours in a while." He joked.
I frowned at him.
"We should definitely do a writing session one of these days." I suggested, hoping he'd agree.
It wasn't that I needed his help writing, I just wanted to spend as much time with him as I could before he got busy again.
"I'd like that. That way maybe you can come on tour with me again, like old times." He replied nostalgically.
I grinned to myself. So he did enjoy spending time with me! It felt as though the world was on pause, him staring at me from behind the counter. But obviously something had to interrupt the moment.
Harry's phone screen lit up.
"It's Niall. I'll explain later." He sighed as he picked up.

"The boys are coming over tomorrow morning. Niall just wanted to make sure that we were going to hang out. You can come along if you like." Harry told me as he set his phone back on the counter.
"Oh, no. I think a whole night with you is enough." I joked.
"It's just breakfast. A goodbye before we go on vacation or just start with our new stuff. The boys probably want to see you too." He insisted.
"No, Haz. It's your 'lad time'. I don't fit in with that situation. We can just hang out another day."
"But, it'll be hard to coordinate our schedules later." Harry whined.
"No, Harry. I'm hungry. When's the food ready?"
Now it was my turn to change the subject.
"Give me two minutes." Harry eventually shooed me to the dining room, but I took the wine bottle with me. Candles lit the room and if we weren't just friends, this would definitely be a date night.
"While I'm young, Haz!" I called out.
"I'm walking over there. Close your eyes." He replied, his voice sounding less distant with every word. I did as told, hearing his footsteps approaching.
"Okay, now open." He chuckled.
"Really, Harry?" I said, looking down at my plate of spaghetti.
"Like I said, it's not a date." He smirked.

After dinner, we went to the couch in his living room.
"I dare you to finish this bottle." Harry smiled at me.
"No. We're gonna finish it together because you made me spaghetti. Spaghetti. Out of all the different types of pasta you can choose from." I fought back, holding out my hand. And he shook it.