T h r e e

The classroom was noisy as usual, with students talking and playing around

Donghyuck, in contrast, was sitting still in his seat, completely unbothered about his surroundings, because it was nothing compared to the commotion in his heart.

Why would Jung Hayoon out of all people talk to him? That too out of nowhere, just like that?

Did she perhaps......find out that he liked her? 
He didn't know how he felt about that. Well atleast she did talk to him.

He smiled to himself as he thought about it over and over again. Renjun noticed this and walked over to him.

"Donghyuck she's here!"

"Who?"

"Hayoon." The boy jolted up from his seat frantically looking around in search of the girl. The Chinese male burst out into fits of laughter at his best friend's lovesick state. Donghyuck sighed at the unfunny joke and slumped back into his place, slightly disappointed.

"Dude do you like her that much?"

"Yeah? No. I've been a maniac for the past two months, crushing on her even though we never talked ." He muttered under his breath.

Renjun chuckled, patting the boy's shoulder and left him alone, walking away to meet his other friends.

Donghyuck dropped his bag onto the floor as he reached home and the first thing he was going to do?

Call her.

He rummaged through his belongings in his bag, quickly bringing out his phone, he sat back onto his bed resting his head on the headboard. Opening the application, his fingers eagerly searched for the contact named 'Jung Hayoon'. He took in a deep breath and clicked on it, pressing his phone against his ear as the ringing sound resonated through his ears.

"Hello?" Her calm yet cheerful voice spoke, cutting off the ring on loop.

"Hey..."

"Oh hey Donghyuck."

"Damn how did you recognize me?" He asked her quite surprised.

"Your voice is quite unique- no I mean very unique to be forgotten my guy." He let out a small chuckle at her words. Somehow talking to her slowed down the pace of his heartbeat, compared to when he admired her from afar. 

Hayoon was a light-hearted person and very friendly. She unknowingly had something or the other to talk about, and she never bored people around her. She was outgoing, fun and witty. Not to mention how focused and determined she is while around work. 

"So my brother said he's gonna drop me off at the venue you can join us just text me your address okay?" She said briefly explaining the plan to him.

"Yeah okay but is your brother fine with me joining? You know like generally brothers are kinda overprotective so..."

"I don't really know about that but he's not that serious kind of guy so don't worry. The least he could do is give you an intimidating look." She let out a snicker at the end of her sentence.

"Okay then. I'll text you the address. I'm hanging up now. Bye."

He pressed the 'end call' button and placed his phone on the side table. His eyes darted over the lights and the fan fixed on the ceiling, searching for absolutely nothing. The evening breeze rushed into the room, slapping him in the face, which somehow felt harsh yet calm. 

His long, elegant eyelashes graced the tip of his eyelids, which threatened to flutter close, becoming heavier as the seconds passed. His hand hung lazily over the bed, falling into the empty space next to it. The cold wind seeped through his thin shirt, as the flannel he wore over it was scattered to the sides. He snuggled, pulling the sheets over him and let the warmth spread onto his skin. And now feeling absolutely comfortable he drifted into sleep, that one special girl never leaving his fast paced thoughts.

 And now feeling absolutely comfortable he drifted into sleep, that one special girl never leaving his fast paced thoughts

donghyuck
be lovesick.