Chapter Two

I hummed as I started making some food. I decided to make some food and water for Janson. He probably was hungry. Its probably been a long time since he last ate.

A few hours ago, Janson was placed in our main room. I felt bad for him because his arms were above his head and looks tiring.

I placed the food on a plate and walked into the main room. "Izzy! Is that for me?" Minho exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

I walked towards Janson, which caused him to smirk. "Izzy, what are you doing?" Thomas commanded. I rolled my eyes "he needs food!" I said.

"I made you some food. I hope your hungry" I said. "Yes I'm starving," Janson said. Thomas glared at me "he's a hostage! you shouldn't be feeding him" he exclaimed.

I ignored him and placed the plate on a small table. "Are you allergic to anything?" I asked. He shook his head. I started feeding him his sandwich. I made him a simple ham-cheese sandwich.

"Lucky" Minho mumbled. I laughed and turned to look at the Asian "you want me to feed you too?" I asked, teasing.

"Yes!" Minho exclaimed. Which caused us to laugh "I wouldn't oppose to it either" Newt said with a smile. "Boys" I mumbled, shaking my head.

Janson was looking pissed off. I offered him the sandwich and he took a bite of it. As he was biting into the food, he was making eye contact with me.

I blushed, feeling flustered with how he was looking at me. I put the sandwich down and offer some water with a straw. He happily drank from it.

Jorge and Brenda walked in. They both looked at me and raised their eyebrows. "Don't look at me. It was Thomas's idea for me to be Janson's babysitter" I said.

I placed the water down. I was getting tired of standing, so I sat down on a small metal table. I continued to feed Janson as I listen to Jorge's plan.

"What about Izzy?" I heard Brenda whisper to the others. I tilted my head to the side and tried to listen. Janson cleared his throat "are you going to give me the sandwich?" he asked with amusement.

I shushed him and listened "she's not going to leave Janson here alone. WCKED is coming soon... She needs to make a decision either stay with us or stay with him" Thomas said with disgust.

I froze and looked at Janson. Sadness was in my eyes. "We aren't leaving Iz!"Newt exclaimed. "I agree," Minho said.

I gulped "I'll be right back" I mumbled to the black-grey-haired man. I stormed out of the room. "Izzy! Wait" someone exclaimed.

I ignored them. I locked myself into a room and slide down the door. Tears streamed down my face. My own friends want me to pick between a stranger or them?!

They really don't care about Janson's life. He may work for WCKED but he's still a human being. Why am I so protective over this man?!? Why do I care about him?

"Izzy. Please open the door" Newt begged, knocking on the door. I sighed and got up from the floor. I unlocked the door. I walked to the other side of the room and sat down against the wall. Newt walked in and sat next to me.

"What's going on with Thomas? This isn't the person I knew in the maze" I said. Newt pulled me close "he's full of hatred for WCKED. They ruin our lives" he explained, wiping a tear from my cheek.

"Janson is still a person. It's like murder if something happens to him under our care" I said. I sighed and placed my head on Newt's shoulder. "You are too kind-hearted," he told me.

Unknown to them, Janson was watching them in the shadows with jealousy on his face. He told the gladers that he had to go to the bathroom and let him go. They were too busy talking to bother to take him. They left his hands tied just in case. In truth, he wanted to check on the girl who he loves.

He quietly growled under his breath "I'm going to hurt that boy" Janson mumbled, looking at Newt. He quietly walked away back to the main room.

"Come on. Let's go back" Newt said. I shook my head "you go ahead. I need time alone" I told him. Newt left and I was alone. I need answers!

The only person who has answered is Janson. Maybe he will tell me why he seems familiar to me. I got up and headed towards the main room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone heard helicopters and bangs. "WCKED is here!" Izzy exclaimed, grabbing her rifle. "Janson go with them. I'll distract them for a while bit" Izzy told the Gladers.

"We aren't going to leave you here Iz!" Minho yelled. "Go! I have Brenda and Jorge with me now go! Take Janson with you!" Izzy said.

They left to get out of the building when the three people shot WCKED soldiers. Jorge put his favorite song on and waited for the explosion. Izzy was shooting when suddenly a volt hit her causing her to drop on the ground and drop her gun "IZZY!!" Brenda yelled.

She tried to run towards the girl but Jorge stopped her "we need to go now!" he told her dragging her away "no! We can't leave her!" she yelled.

WCKED soldiers shot at them and they ran off. The soldiers grabbed the twitching body of y/n. "Dr. Paige.. we got one! The Izzy subject, A13 - the loyal one" one of the soldiers say as they dragged her into the helicopter.

"IZZY!!" Thomas yelled watching as WCKED took her away. Everyone gasped as Izzy was taken away.