Rebel Yell Part 3

Jolene's arms gleamed in the daylight. She worried about calling attention to herself, but after surveying the beach she realized nobody had noticed her, the beachgoers were enjoying their day, not a care in the world. The only person looking at her was the mysterious figure cloaked in black. He stuck his hand out like a cop on traffic duty, ordering cars to stop. He could tell Jolene was preparing to attack him.

"This man... When he noticed me, he moved closer. The stand that attacked me earlier is nowhere to be seen however..."

The man drew closer, he moved very slowly, focusing on Jolene. As the distance closed, Jolene was able to make his appearance out a bit better. He was about 5"10 and very slim. He had dark, shoulder-length hair with bright highlights where his hair parted. His outfit wasn't a good choice for Miami Beach, a dark pair of pants and a matching jacket, which was held together at the front by shiny laces. What appeared to be a strip of real snakeskin crept from his slacks around the back of his jacket, then stopped on his right shoulder.

"This guy must be sweating like crazy." Jolene thought to herself. "Whatever. I need to determine if this is the user that attacked us earlier. I can tell from his reaction that he can see my stand, and that he knows what he's dealing with, but he's moving closer, and he allowed himself to be seen. The robotic dog has no reason to do that, his user is able to attack from a distance. This stranger could be luring me into a trap, however. There's no reason to think the stand user with the robotic dog is working alone. Shit."

Jolene raised her fists.

-----

"Okay, um, 786 is a given, let me think... damnit, my memory really tends to run away when I'm under pressure."

Thoko poked at his phone's screen. He'd upgraded a few months ago, his old phone had Jolene's number.

"Well, I don't want to make this harder for you, but keep in mind time is of the essence. If it's any consolation this isn't your fault at all. I shouldn't have let Jolene run off on her own."

Thoko stared down at the screen on his phone. He'd called eight incorrect numbers now, and pretty much accepted that he wasn't going to be able to remember, yet Josuke kept insisting that he try again. Josuke's phone had Jolene's number on it, but it had been on the fritz since the ambush. Things had been so crazy since they were attacked at the apartment building, he and Jolene had completely forgotten to exchange numbers.

"Why don't we just look around for her instead? I don't think I'm going to be able to remember her phone number, I never remember phone numbers anymore, I just put them in my contacts."

Josuke looked out the window, staring down at the sidewalk, trying to see if Jolene was making her way back towards the hotel.

"No. Miami is huge, it'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Right now you and I are safe but if we go out there we could be sabotaged again. I don't want to make any unnecessary risks until we've established where we'll be meeting Jolene."

Thoko sighed and punched in a few more numbers.

"Sorry buddy, no 'Jolene' here." *click*

"Hello! You've reached Derek! Please leave a-" *click*

"Hola?" *click*

Thoko let out a grunt of frustration. He tossed his phone on the carpet. For a split-second, his phone seemed to glitch out, like he'd done damage to his screen.

"Oh, lovely" groaned Thoko, picking up his phone to check the damage. He inspected the screen, finding no scratches. He pressed the menu button and the screen lit up. The phone seemed to be just fine, though something was odd. The note app was open, which he definitely hadn't used any time recently. There was a note typed out: 786-453-7687, above it said "Jolene Joestar". Perhaps this was the work of one of the stands Josuke had been talking about. Would calling this number alert the enemy?