Her Silver Lining Part 2

The fluid kept pouring. Jolene closed her eyes and waited to be stabbed again, but to her surprise, nothing happened; she didn't even feel any pain. Slowly, Jolene opened her eyes and saw two arms made of a shining, silver liquid coming out of her stomach. They seem to be restraining Novo's hands.

"Dammit!" she screamed "What the hell's happening?! Aarghhh!" It was as if Novo couldn't see the hands that were holding her back-neither could anyone else in the yard. Jolene looked down at her stomach, and to her horror, more fluid came out. After a dozen seconds or so the arms were no longer just arms; they were now attached to a body, a body seemingly made of a liquid metal that was constantly flowing. The fluid moved around quickly and would regularly split apart and mix back together, it looked as if it was someone hidden under a pile of slime. Its giant, bug-like eyes glowed a menacing red, and on the back of its head was an antenna with a red underside. Jolene screamed in fear, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!?"

Jolene Joestar was born on the 30th of May, 2002. Her parents were irresponsible teenagers and didn't want to take care of a child, so when she was a year old, they dropped her off at her paternal uncle's house and ran off. Arthur Joestar raised Jolene alongside his son and treated her as if she were his own daughter. The family wasn't particularly wealthy or upper class, but they lived in a good neighborhood and Jolene had a happy and safe childhood. When she was around seven, she took an interest in programming and building computer hardware, something she knew her cousin enjoyed doing, and was able to help pay the family bills. Her cousin taught her everything he knew, and Jolene would help with odd jobs. One day he left without a warning, and her uncle and aunt refused to tell her why. This devastated Jolene but fueled her to study hard and be accepted by the best universities in the country, hoping that it would bring him back. After 12 years her dreams came true, but he still hadn't come back, and this left her empty inside.

One or two people took an interest in the event taking place, Novo noticed this and wasn't going to let people think she was beaten by some teenager so she used all her might and was able to wriggle her way out of the creature's grasp and rush towards Jolene. Jolene raised her arms in defense but before Novo's fist could even get close to her, the creature threw its fist at Novo's head. A slit appeared on the creature's face and made a mouth, and it screamed a battle cry in a voice Jolene recognised, her own.

"OORAAAAAAAAAA!!!!".

The creature's hand smashed into Novo's face, horribly disfiguring it, breaking multiple teeth, flattening her nose and bulging her eyes out of her head. The creature continued punching and eventually landed a final blow on the Novo. The woman was launched back at a speed Jolene was certain could break the sound barrier. Slowly, more and more people take a look at the scene unfolding before them. "A liquid could not possibly do that much damage to someone." Jolene thought to herself. She took a look at the creature's arm and saw it was no longer a liquid, but was now a hard, reflective, metal, no longer was it constantly moving and could easily be broken, now it was dense and its shape was fixed. Before Jolene could finish her trail of thought, her enemy threw her shiv straight at Jolene's face.

"Go back to Hell, you demon!"

Novo's face quickly changed from an anger-filled scowl to a grimace overloaded with fear. Jolene had just realized what had happened and saw the knife flying at her. but she didn't feel any pain. She knew the knife would have hit her, so where had it gone? Before she could investigate any further, Novo screamed.

"What happened to your face?!"

Jolene didn't understand what the woman was saying; she felt no pain, and her face seemed perfectly fine. Jolene suddenly felt lightheaded and tired, she tried to place her hand on her head but to her horror, it went right through. She slowly shifted her gaze towards the creature's reflective back and saw her reflection; her face had a huge hole in it which was surrounded by the shiny metal. She could see straight through her head and noticed the weapon stuck in the wall behind her. As soon as Jolene was about to scream, she felt a lump in her throat and the metal surrounding the hole filled it in and changed back into the missing part of Jolene's face. The creature and Jolene both shifted their gaze towards Novo and the creature jumped towards Novo but before it could reach her it stopped right in its tracks. Jolene couldn't hear Novo's questioning over her own thoughts and testing of this strange creature.