Chapter 34

***Isaac's POV***

Clara stops jumping immediately. My face whips to the door, as if I'm able to see through walls to see what just happened. Clara acts before me, literally almost flying off the bed and to the door, throwing it open, and rushing downstairs. I'm quick to follow after her, and in seconds we're down at the basement, Clara a good few feet ahead of me.

Another shot goes off.

I see Clara duck, and I can tell she's getting angry. She growls low, menacingly, and I, still not in view of everyone, take a few steps closer.

When I hear another shot and an even louder cry of pain, Clara shifts.

***Clara's POV***

I get downstairs and my heart stops. At least that's what it feels like. My stomach dropped to the floor, and my hands started shaking. From anger or fear I'm not sure. Probably both. Before I know it I have no control of my body any more and the ceiling gets higher up. I've shifted into wolf form.

My legs tense and next thing i know I'm leaping toward the guy with a gun and my jaw latches around his arm, drawing blood immediately. I clench my jaws.

Tighter...

Tighter....

His arm snaps off and that's when I finally back away, licking blood off my lips and nose in the process. It takes a moment for me to realize what I just did.

Wow I'm awesome! Did I really just do that??! I think to myself. My senses come back and i hear the dude howling like a mad man. Which, to be honest, he probably is. Not my fault though.

When I hear a whimper of pain from behind me thats when my senses fully kick back in and I turn around hurriedly. A gasp leaves my mouth before I can stop it.

"Shadow!!"

***

*Masons pov*

"I don't know....do you think he'll find out? I mean I'm all for it, don't get me wrong. But I'm also all for not losing my life."

"Look man I know your just as tired as I am of him. You deal with his shit way more than anyone else here. If it were me I'd have shot myself in the head ages ago. And I'm not even his right hand man. You know damn well you deal with more shit than any one should."

"I mean yeah, but if he finds out? He'll kill everyone and save me for last and torture me for a whole hear before finally killing me off."

"We won't get caught. Look man we're doing this with or without you. You in?"

***

*Clara POV*

I shift back to human form and kneel before shadow, who is shielding another wolf behind him. There's a pool of blood spreading fast on the floor, and I gently push shadow to the side to see what happened.

"No...Bri..." I whimper and tears fill my eyes. She was the one shot both times, once through her ribs, and another in her back leg. With no thoughts in my mind except to try and keep her alive, I pick her up as gently as possible and take off running. I mind link the pack doctor and head toward the infirmary, everyone else except Shadow following behind me.

Once I get there, a bed is already set up and waiting for us. I place her down and everyone immediately goes to work. A needle is placed in her arm above her paw, she's hooked up to a gas mask, beeps fill the air, too slow for a regular heartbeat. I'm pacing back and forth, with no idea how much time has passed, before the steady beeps I was hearing are replaced with one long tone. My head snaps up. A nurse pushes us outside, at this point I'm too much in shock to protest.

The door is shut behind me and I turn around, finding Isaac standing in front of me. He holds out his arms and I fall into them, clinging to his shirt.

Only 5 minutes later, the doctor comes out.

"I'm sorry, but..." my mind goes hazy and I black out.

********************************

Hello readers! Okay I know how this looks. Wtf u leave for years and then try to come back like nothing happened? Ha!

Well yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to do. My life hasn't been a good one and I need to get back into some kind of pattern every day so here I am. And to try to dissolve some of your anger towards me, here's a picture of my daughter. She's 14 months old

I also think I have a few ideas on some changes to try and prolong this book so hopefully you'll still love me.

And thank you to those who have still been commenting and asking if everything is okay you know who you are and I appreciate you