FIVE

—"You so have the hots for an agent!"—

"So who have you got?" Elain asked as the pilot announced they were five minutes until landing.

"Ive got an agent on the ground that just retrieved Dr. Banner. And Captain America is on another jet."

"Do they know. . . about me?" Elain asked hesitantly.

"About as much as I do, which isn't a lot." Fury answered her curtly. Honestly, getting approval to bring her in was a job in itself considering he didnt even know what she was or if there were more like her. All he knew was that she risked her life to safe a group of people from a burning building, and someone like that couldn't be that bad.

As the quinjet touched ground, Eleanor still wouldn't meet her eye, but as the hangar opened, her eyes went wide at the sight around her.

There were at least a dozen quinjets lined up along the edge of whatever contraption they had landed on. "Work can wait a couple days. . ." Eleanor said softly as she took in the incredible sight before her.

"Agent Romanoff." Director Fury called over a red-headed woman. Elain gulped at the sight of the woman before her, seeing as she looked quite intimidating.

"Elain Donovan. Er, pleasure to meet you." She intorduced herself carefully, holding out a hand to shake, which Agent Romanoff  only glanced at before turning away, leaving Elain to grimace at her awkward encounter.

"Roger's is about to land, Hill is going mental without you in there." Elain awkwardly retracted her hand from the redhead, stuffing it in her trenchcoat pocket.

Fury whispered something in Romanoff's ear, making her glance at the two women before he walked away. "I saw the footage of you outside that burning building." She said to Elain, making Eleanor's brows scrunch in confusion. "So how do you do it? Intelligence says you dont have access to any high level technology capable of facial reconfiguration." The way the Agent stood made it seem like she was asking a stranger what the weather was like.

Elain knew it wasn't a compliment as much as it was just pure curiosity, but she couldnt help the burst of pride she felt in her chest at impressing the woman before her. She'd never met someone at Hogwarts that was this intimidating in a good way. "I dont need technology for something my body can do on its own." She chose to say, deciding it was the best answer, knowing that eventually the Ministry would come after her, and it would be best to keep as many things private as she could.

"You'll have to show me sometime." Elain's blush was put on pause when another quintet landed a few yards away. "Excuse me while I greet the captain."

"You so have the hots for an agent!" Eleanor said incredulously, forgetting for just a moment that she was supposed to be mad at the woman in front of her.

"I do not!" Elain furiously tried to shush her seeing as Agent Romanoff was still relatively close by. "If she heard you, I think I would jump overboard."

Eleanor went to protest, but her words fell out of her mind when her eyes came across one Steve Rodgers. "Oh my God, that is the finest man I think I've ever seen. Is my hair okay? I didn't get to do my makeup, but to be fair I did get kidnapped. Oh god they are coming over."

"You look great, Ellie."

"This is Elain Donovan, and- sorry I didn't catch your name?" Romanoff went to introduce them to the Captain.

"Oh! Eleanor Langford. Very happy to be here." She said excitedly, making Elain and Agent Romanoff confused.

"Director Fury said you were brought here against your will." Natasha questioned, with a playful grin tugging at her lips.

Eleanor waved her off. "The details of that are unimportant." Captain Rogers looked at her like she had grown three heads, but didnt get a chance to question her before his attention was drawn elsewhere, once again.

"Excuse us." The pair left when a stumbing man Elain knew as Dr. Banner caught their eye.

"This is kind of insane." Eleanor said, looking around at everything and taking a deep breath.

"Eleanor, you have no idea how sorry i am to have dragged you into this mess." Elain tried to apologize in, mustering as much sincerity in her voice as she could muster.

Eleanor looked at the girls hopeful eyes, and made up her mind. "Lainey, i just met Captain America, I'm not complaining." She laughed a bit, in turn making Elain breath out a huge sigh of relief.

Elain didn't know if she could handle her only friend hating her, even though she would have deserved it. This is what happens when you expose the wizarding world to the muggle world.

The two women heard a rumbling noise echo around the ship, and saw people start making their way inside. She looked at Eleanor and started walking to the edge where Captain Rodgers and Dr. Banner were looking over.

She grabbed Eleanors hand in fright when the turbines began to lift out of the water. flying them out of the water. "No, no, this is much worse." Dr. Banner said with a faux smile.

"I don't know the context you said that with, but I'm starting to agree." Eleanor yelled out over the sound of the engines working.

The group watched in awe as the ship went further and further from the water. While Elain wasn't necessarily scared of heights due to magic, she still didn't want to stand too close to the edge, in fear that she wasn't able to save herself before she hit the water.

They all walked inside once the weird plane contraption actually starting going towards a destination, Eleanor's hand was still in hers as a safety blanket until they were inside, ready to step through together.

a/n:
sorry for slow updates!! the reason I write marauder fanfiction is because there's no line-by-line plot that happens, so with something like this where I have to pull up the movie to see what happens next is exhausting.

this will have slower updates for this reason, and maybe not everything makes sense but I'm really excited for Elain and Eleanor to get started <333

1062 words
not edited