i love you (but i don't believe you) - my hero academia

Bakugou Katsuki is dating Midoriya Izuku. It should come to a surprise to the whole world, really, because Katsuki used to be so far up his ass that he couldn't see straight. But it doesn't. Everyone takes it as it is, some even went as far as saying "ah, about time."

About time? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Katsuki only realized he liked the damn nerd a month before he asked him out. It took him four fucking weeks to come to terms with it, accept it, and then vow to woo the shit out of Deku and be the best fucking boyfriend ever.

And Deku, with his stupidly bright smile, had emeralds tearing up as he stumbled on his words before settling for a, "yes, Kacchan!"

They went on four dates before Katsuki asked him to be his boyfriend. The first one was just a shitty movie date, it was some sort of hero movie that kind of sucked, in Katsuki's opinion. But Deku had sat there, right next to him, tucked into his arms and whispered commentary into his ear—

("wow, Kacchan, that actor looks exactly like FlashGuard from the Arvel franchise!"

"That's cause it is, nerd. He did a cameo for this movie."

-

"Hmm, the Kacchan in my story can make bigger explosions than that bomb did. But they tried, I guess"

Just like Shitty Deku to bring up his book during their date.

Katsuki still smirked at that comment. "Deku, watch the movie.").

Flowers sprouted in his chest as Deku held his hand like he was the most precious jewel in the world.

On the second date, they visited the aquarium that they frequented as kids. It wasn't anything too romantic, just some stupid fucking fishes. He didn't understand why Deku had wanted to go so badly. But they held hands(Katsuki wiped his palms on his jeans, every so often, just to make sure he didn't gross out Deku from his stupid, sweaty nerves), and Deku leaned on him for support when they looked at the exhibits. And then when they stopped in front of the shark tank, surronded by water hidden behind glass on all three sides. Deku watched with wide, unbelieving eyes as a huge shark swam above them. The water's wiggling light danced on his face, and his freckles popped out. Katsuki counted every one of them.

(There's thirty-two, in total. Thirty-four, if you count the two beneath his chin, on his jaw).

Deku had breathed out in awe, and Katsuki wanted to swallow it with his own lips, wanted to inhale everything Deku said, everything Deku did. Wanted to inhale his every breath, as if becoming one. That was when Katsuki realized he was completely and utterly fucked.

The flowers bloomed and pretty petals unfurled in the dusk of the rising sun that was Deku's smile.

Their third date consisted of a picnic at the park. Katsuki had spent all day in the kitchen, mixing up spices and herbs. He even made stupid little rice bunnies for the damn nerd

("Ah, Kacchan!! These are so cute, thank you! I'm going to name this one Bonnie, wait no, Kacchan, don't eat Bonn- Kacchan! No!").

They sat on a little red and white checkered blanket, and Katsuki nervously pulled out the dishes from his packed-to-the-brim basket. But Deku only smiled and exclaimed, "Katsudon? My favorite! And Kacchan's cooking is always so good, too. I can't wait!"

Katsuki had looked away with a scowl and the tips of his ears turned a bright pink. "Course' it is. I'm the best at everything."

Which Deku responded with a fond smile, "I know you are, Kacchan."

And the date continued. They watched the sunset and chatted about their favorite manga, Boku No Hero Academia. They reminisced on their childhood days together that had been filled with hushed giggles hidden under the covers, afraid they'd wake up their parents and get caught watching the All Might movies so late at night. They gazed up at the stars, basking in each other's warmth, arm to arm, skin to skin. The breeze swept Deku's hair, and passed over Katsuki's flushed cheeks. He almost said "I love you" right then and there.