I Love You(but it's just not enough) - my hero academia

part two of "I Love You(but i don't believe you)". read that first or this will not make sense.

unedited

Midoriya Izuku is dating Bakugou Katsuki. It should come as a surprise to the world, given how Kacchan hates Izuku's guts, but it doesn't. All of his friends expected it, saying that it was about time.

Which Izuku didn't quite get. Kacchan never showed any sort of affection for Izuku, only just an obvious irritation. So how was it about time? Maybe they could see how much Izuku longed to be with the ash-blond. That had to be it.

But even so, when Kacchan had asked him on a date, he said yes. It had to be a dare or something, Kacchan is never one to back down from those, even if it meant dating a shitty nerd like him.

The first date was everything Izuku ever wanted. He had dreamed about it for years, since they were five! It was just a simple movie date, but it was perfect. A hero movie that was, in Izuku's opinion, not that good but still enjoyable because Kacchan was pressed up rigjt next to him. His skin was warm against Izuku's and it just felt so right.

Kacchan didn't even seem to mind his quiet mumbles about the movie!

Izuku remembers that the sky was blue that day. A pretty, clear ocean hung above them when they exited the theatre. Its never ending vastness comforted Izuku, just like Kacchan's arm locked in his.

The next date, Izuku hoped he hadn't annoyed Kacchan too much by begging him to bring them to the aquarium. He isn't quite sure if Kacchan remembers this, but this was actually where they held hands for the first time when they were younger. They had been on a school field trip and almost got lost in the crowd, but Kacchan, brave and strong, took his hand and found the group again. They had held it all through out the rest of the day.

And it felt so nostalgic, to feel the same, albeit bigger and more scarred, sweaty palm slotted with his. He kept a tight grip and rubbed his thumb over the callouses on Kacchan's hand, memorizing them and making them out as if he'd never get the chance to again. Just feeling Kacchan squeeze back as a shark passed over their heads in the dome gave him that same fluttering feeling of courage all those years back.

The sea above them was positively flowing, and Izuku almost felt like the water wrapped around him and Kacchan. Like it was encasing them in their own bubble. Izuku would never forget it.

The third date, Izuku felt fear. Fear because maybe this all wasn't a dare, especially if Kacchan made rice bunnies for him. Kacchan would never get caught making something so... so cute! But if it wasn't a dare, then what did all of this mean? It made Izuku's hands shake, and he gripped the picnic blanket beneath them as they star-gazed.

The sky that night was suffocating. It was close, closer than it should've been, and Izuku was sure it could crush him at any moment(but not Kacchan, never Kacchan, Kacchan is indestructible— could never get hurt, Izuku wouldn't allow it). It never ended, the opaque ocean swimming for miles and miles above them. It was terrifiying and inviting all at the same time, and Kacchan, sweet sweet Kacchan, looked up at him like he just hung the stars in that black hole. He never wanted this moment to end.

The fourth date, Izuku couldn't believe it. Kacchan wanted him to be his boyfriend, Kacchan's boyfriend. It left him wide-eyed and gaping for words, because how could Kacchan, beautiful and courageous Kacchan, want to date him, the nerd who spoke too much and got lost in his head too often? Of course, they had been friends for ages after they got through the rough patch in middle school. They were adults now, just beginning college, but he still couldn't wrap his brain around the fact that out of all the people Kacchan could have, he chose him.