V

Kazuya slipped his arm over Isagi's shoulder, a smile wide on his face from seeing his beloved friend. "Hey, 'Sagi!!!" He chirped.

Isagi smiled, "Kazuya! What's up?" He nudged his shoulder jokingly.

"Oh, nothing. Just trying to figure out who the person who's sending you the letters is." His smile turned into a soft smile, his grip on the shorter male's shoulder tightening.

"Ah." Yoichi shot him a deflated-look. "Good look at that, dude. I've been trying to figure it out but I seriously can't pin-point who it is."

They walked into the school together, a red pole separating the entrance door. Kazuya took his arm off Isagi to walk easier in the school, "Really?"

The red-head saw someone subtly waving him over, "Oh! I gotta go to class early, I'll see you there!"

Isagi nodded, and waved goodbye. Maybe this time, he'll stay awake during class.

---

Kazuya shoved his way to the other side of the hallway, where a girl stood patiently. "Ninomae," He called out. She didn't answer so he shouted, "Ninomae!"

She whipped her head around, "Oh! Hello." Ninomae narrowed her eyebrows, "Did you give him the letter?"

"Ye-"

"Well you know, not give him the letter? But like, discreetly-"

"--Yes, I did. Why do I have to, though? He's my friend, and it's unnecessary to lie." He frowned, crossing his arms over his chest.

A locker door slam shut next to him, "Listen, I just don't want to tell him yet." She tucked her textbook under her arm to reset her locker's lock.

"Plus, I'll get to know him when you bring him home to study, right? That project you have, it'll help me a lot." She looked at him with a confident smile.

He pursed his lips, he didn't want to do it. If his sister gets rejected by his friend, whose side is he supposed to take?

Kazuya smirked and locked her head within his elbow, lifted his closed fist to ruffle her hair. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Don't come to me when your dumb plan doesn't work."

"Let me go, you fucker-!"

---

Isagi walked into his history class, his eyes searching for Kazuya. He smirked, and speed walked up to the back of his friend's chair, "Boo!"

Kazuya jumped in his seat, his stomach dropping to his ankles. "What the-!" He turned around and saw Isagi laughing, holding two water bottles.

He threw a bottle at Kazuya, which he caught with no effort. He tilted his head and pointed his index finger to himself, "For me?"

"Mhm!" Isagi hummed.

Kazuya 's eyes flashed with genuine surprise. He felt his heartbeat slowly pick up, so he looked away. "Thanks." His grip on the bottle tightened, there was no way this was happening.

"No prob."

He turned in his chair again, "Isagi?"

Isagi gestured for him to continue.

"Uh..." He looked up from his paper and made sudden eye contact with him. "Would it be okay if my sister studies with us?" Kazuya looked away, "You know when we go over to my house for the project."

Please say no, please say no-

"Oh! Yeah, of course! Three minds are better than one, right?" He beamed, taking the cap off his highlighter.

Kazuya smiled at him, and turned in his chair to face the front of the class. He shouldn't have turned around, he shouldn't have made it so obvious that he was staring through Isagi's eyes, he shouldn't have been so damn obvious.

He's tapping his foot up and down, why'd it have to be Isagi?