VI

"Right! So when my sister starts acting super annoying, we book it to my room or we can go to a cafe!" I smirked, leaning back to see Ninomae's reaction.

From Isagi's left side, she leaned back as well and gave me a sour look. She plastered a fake smile on her face, "No way! I'm not even annoying."

Isagi chuckled but didn't look up, overall ignoring her presence. I guess she didn't like that, because she gave me the 'do something!' look.

I sighed, "Dude? Wanna take a break from studying?" He gave me a puzzled look, so I added, "We could play Mario party 7 or sumin'."

He let his pencil drop onto the coffee table, "Thank god. My head's starting to hurt from focusing too much." He pouted and leaned back onto the couch and lifted his arms over his head in a stretching position. His stretching is kinda like a cats.

I snorted, "Dude! You-"

"You look like a cat when you stretch!" Ninomae laughed exaggeratedly, cutting me off.

Oh for fuck's sake. I knew she would act extra annoying today, but not this annoying. This doesn't happen very often, but it happens when I bring over her crushes.

Coincidentally, they always happen to be my crushes too. I'm not sure what bothers me most, the fact that she knows and still doesn't care, or how she's staring at me with a knowing glint in her eyes.

Her look is enough to shut me up, enough to make me stop complaining, even.

"I'm gonna go get the disc, then." I put my hands on the table to help me stand up, as Ninomae starts to talk with Isagi.

I skip some steps going up the stairs, nothin' that'll kill me. My room's a mess, I should clean it if Isagi's gonna come around here more often. I'm looking through my drawers to find some good controllers and a clean memory chip, when I hear Isagi's nervous laugh mix in with Ninomae's.

Suddenly, I start searching faster-- I don't like it when she laughs like that. It's pestering, and sometimes scary. It obviously isn't genuine but only someone who has known her their entire life can tell you that.

I see the things I've been looking for, and slam my bedroom door behind me. I look down the stairs and see Ninomae's hand on Isagi's shoulder, while she ghosts her hand over her mouth to hide her obnoxious smile.

She noticed me, and purposely leaned closer to Isagi. I can tell he's uncomfortable, he's gripping the carpet floor for dear life. Usually, I would go back upstairs and stall time-- doing whatever. Unlike today, the guys are weirdly into it. They'd tease her back, leaning in too.

Isagi...he's definitely not into it.

The floorboards creak under my feet, making my presence obvious to Isagi and Ninomae. Her jaw tightens, and she slides her hand off his shoulder, now facing the tv with a bothered expression.

He whips his head in my direction, "Kazuya!"

I smile, "Hey."

"All right. Let's just get this game over with." She rolls her eyes and takes a controller out of my hand with unnecessary force, I'm hoping Isagi notices. He purses his lips in the change of mood, and I can't help but do the same.

I start up the game, and we choose our characters--- Isagi chooses 'yochi' after I made a joke about his first name, I choose Teresa, and Ninomae chooses princess daisy.

After a few rounds of winning, and one of losing, I lean back onto the couch-- crossing my legs together. Isagi's way too focused on the game right now, but at least he didn't notice that our knees are touching or scramble to push me away like the other guys do.

He threw his head back in despair, groaned, then faced me. "What?! How do you keep winning?!"

"Cause you suck!" I smirked, nudging his shoulder jokingly. "Plus! I've been playing my whole life."

He huffed, "I guess you're right-" He gasps, "Let's play team mode!"