Chapter Ten : Struggling Man

Oswald had kept his arm around me as he had lead me to his home. It wasn't weird for me, in fact it was actually quite comforting for me to relax. I havent felt this way since I had turned into a demon.  Even with that bastard Finn and Nikolas,  that was only for my power. But now, this is my time for myself.

For the next three weeks , I am going to make some changes in my life. I am going to have to choose if I want to live with two jobs or just one. If I end up choosing just one, I  am going to have to deal with Fish's rage of anger. Not that I can't kill her, but maybe her men can make me deeply regret it. I will have this scar that will ruin the rest of my immortal life. That's only how mooney works...

There will come a day when I will probably be married, and seperated . Oswald isnt going to always be here for me. One day, he is going to die and I will be alone. Jonathan's life will be lonely just like mine. The only thing left for me is going to be the bastard Finn and Nikolas.

I had looked at him, he had slowly smiled at me . His blue eyes had glued me to the spot and had made me follow him like a obeditent dog. He saved my life after all, I am, of course going, to be happy he had saved my life when he asks me. But I am for sure not going to say that I didnt really need it.

"You look tence Irene" He had said softly. His hand had then moved to my back. It had sent a few shivers to my back. I had remembered the shivers he had given to me when he had kissed me. I had liked it much more then Finn's kiss. His lips are softer and I feel like I could trust the words that came out of his lips, unlike so many other people I know today.

"I am, I am just a bit scared about Maronni after me" I had said. I at least have to pretend around him. It would be crazy if I had been completely okay with everything.

"It's okay, Its going to be okay.  I promise no one is going to hurt you again" He had muttered under his breath. He had known better to scare me off.  I am a innocent girl to him after all, I like him. Can he be able to tell that I do? Did he see it in my eyes when he had kissed me the first time?

"Thanks for the assureance Oswald"

"Your very welcome. " He had said. But there was something that was in his head when I had said that. There was a loss of confidence. I knew that he was because was starting to breath heavily.

"Are you ok Oswald?" I had asked him.

"It's just that, I have heard something about you that its hard to believe"

"What?" I had said. I hope that he doesnt know about my devil inside of me. I wouldnt want him to hurt me at all. I love a this man, and I wouldnt want him to get hurt .

He had pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips on my ear. " I know your secret, Finn told me everything"

My heart had stopped for a moment. He had his blue eyes locked on me. Then why is he even helping me if he knew that? He would kill me and send me to hell , if he was normal.

"Then why are you helping me?" I asked.

"Because your something to protect Irene. Theres so many people in this world that just arent worth anyones time, but you have found a way to fight back. Your meant to do great things"  His hand had gotten off of my shoulder and had crawled to my hand. I was confussed on what was happening.

Was it only because of my powers?

Or because he had loved me?

 How long did he know?

"Come on lets go to my place" Oswald had said to me reminding me why I was even walking with him.