Chapter Six: I am more then alright *Different Ending*

Oswald's P.O.V: Flashback

I had watched Irene leave me alone right on the spot. There was so much that I wanted to tell her, and I wanted to know what was going on with her. Irene Ivory must have had been through a lot from her responce seeing me.

There hasnt been a more relieved face since my mother found out that my father was dead. Her cold body had curled against mine when I had hugged her. I suppose that she's cold because of the weather, but there was something else going on because she had just flintched away from me and ran away without a propper explanation.

I had called for her to come back and she didnt return.

My only friend , Irene Ivory was gone just like that. There was somthing bothering her and I had the urge to figure out what it was.

I walked home in the dark allies to my mothers apprtment. I had known better to go home this way, but I felt like I didnt care if I was safe or not. I proboably wouldn't even care if I had to kill anyone to save my money.

Irene is all that mattered to me.

But before I could see my home appartment block, I was pushed against the wall . Of course I had leant to my pocket for my knife I hold for emergencies now. You never know what kind of crime can arise during a situation like this. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to rape or rob me.

This is Gotham after all.

The man had put his hands on my wrists and shoved them against the building. He had glared with his dark eyes and had came closer to me. Clearly I had done something to him.

"Good Evening." I had greeted the creepy stranger.

"You don't need to greet me like that. You have hurt the devils feelings already!" He had growled in a low tone.

I had no idea what I had done to him. I was also a bit concerned about this guys health mentally because of him identifying himself as the devil. There has to be a easier way out of this besides pissing the devil off.

"Devil? I had no idea...." I had said.

"THATS RIGHT. YOU HAVE NO SENCE CLEARLY, STAY AWAY FROM IRENE!! "

I had shrugged my shoulders. Irene told me that she was single without any sort of love interest so I dont see the big fuss about this. Like me, he must be eying the beauty.'Look pal, I like Irene too, she's really sweet and kind to me, but there is no reason to go blabbering about how I had pissed you off. " I had said quietly.

"Just don't talk to her again, okay. I will be watching you" The devil had said letting me go. He must have realised that he was talking nonsence and had decided to back off. No one should put up with this garbage from a drunk.

At least I think he was.

As for the mean time, I will be taking up his challenge. I will once again talk to Irene and in fact maybe I might try to be more then friends with her.

Devil-man, or whatever you call yourself, I accept your challenge.

Irene's P.O.V

There was this weird feeling in my gut that wasn't going away. It had really got to me when I had killed a man for my thirst. The sweetness of the blood entering my throat only causes guilt inside me.

My angel is still in me. I still feel emotions when I shouldn't. My emotions are supposed to be numbed out since I am a demon now. I cry when I should laugh, I drink blood of the guilty before they commit a crime, but I clean up afterwords. I still do a good job at my work even when other's are flirting with me.