005, trust issues

chapter five - trust issues

THE LESTRANGE GIRL SAT ON THE FLOOR, her back leaning against the door of the room she was in. Her eyes were bloodshot because of the lack of sleep she had been receiving. Maybe she should have listened to the voice in her head. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, at the sound of keys jangling from outside the door. Everything was so blurry. The door opened wide, Meissa's head hitting the floorboards creating a loud thud.

She whispered 'ouch' as her vision fixed, looking up at the auror who lifted her up from the wooden floor. Meissa found herself sitting at the table under the watchful eye of Mad-Eye Moody, a wizard known for his vigilance and paranoia. The other members of the Order were around, some curious, others wary. She couldn't help but notice the tension in the room in which she felt very uncomfortable.

Meissa stared down at the plate of food made by Mrs Weasley. She lifted her gaze from her plate, and everyone who was staring at her quickly looked away at something else. As Meissa continued to eat her meal, she couldn't shake the feeling of being under a microscope. It was clear that the members of the Order were wary of her presence, and she couldn't blame them, given her family's notorious history. She focused on her food, trying to maintain her composure and not give in to the impulse to lash out. This was a critical moment for her, and she had to choose her actions carefully.

Meissa's early struggles with self-control made it all the more challenging for her to navigate the delicate situation she found herself in. Her tumultuous upbringing had left its mark on her, and controlling her impulses was a constant battle. However, she was determined to prove herself to the Order, even if it meant suppressing her darker instincts. It was a path fraught with challenges, but she knew she had to tread carefully if she wanted to achieve her goals.

Mrs Weasley came in looking joyful. "Oh my!" She shouted, everyone, turned to look at the woman who had a bright smile on her face. "Ron and Hermione! You are prefects!" 

The women came hugging both the Gryffindors, handing them their prefect badges. Everyone clapped cheering for the two while the Weasley twins booed his brother for becoming a boring old prefect. "Oh, and it seems Meissa made prefect as well..." She trailed off but forced a bright smile.