ACT III

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

[ September 2nd, 1971 ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The following morning Aurelia awoke to Lyra shaking her shoulders and failing to conceal her laughter.

"Aurelia! Wake up! We're gonna miss all the good food!" At the sound of food, Aurelia sat up and threw herself out of bed.

The room was still dark and she tripped over her open suitcase that she'd left laying in the middle of the floor, mentally cursing herself for being so unorganised.

"Why didn't you mention that earlier?" she questioned, waving her arms around, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world as she zigzagged the room in search of her robes. Lyra waited by the door whilst Aurelia dressed and the two raced down the stairs and out of the common room, grabbing at each other's robes to try and get in front of the other.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I swore it was this way!" Aurelia groaned as she paced back and forth down the corridor

"No no no, I knew it was the other way"

"Oh my Godric" Aurelia jumped at the sound of a door closing behind them and both girls turned around, looking flustered.

"Woah ladies, what's going on?" Sirius questioned, taking a bite from the chocolate muffin that was surely bigger than his head.

"The muffins are huge! We missed out! Look how big it is Lyra" Aurelia moved towards Lyra, grabbing her shoulders, shaking them, and pointing to Sirius dramatically whilst Lyra licked her lips and nodded.

"It's not as big as-" Sirius began but was cut off by James when he realised what he was about to say.

"James Potter, a pleasure to meet you lovely ladies. "That's Sirius and this is Remus" He pointed to the boy that the girls had shared the boat with and now that they weren't out in the dark Aurelia noticed his face was covered in huge painful-looking gashes, she winced at the sight but quickly recomposed herself when he did a shy wave and she returned the gesture.

"And this is Peter," James said, pointing to a short boy that had his arms full of different flavoured muffins.

"Oh Peter, you legend! Thank you for bringing us muffins" Lyra grinned, running over to him and slinging her arm across his shoulder whilst eyeing the muffins in his hand. At this, he held them towards her and nodded his head. A mournful expression joined his face as he watched her take the last red velvet one.

"Where did you guys come from?" This time it was the boy's turns to look flustered as they all looked towards each other, silently conversing and then Remus, James and Sirius all nodded, coming to a conclusion.

"There's a secret passage behind that painting. Leads you straight to the entrance of the grand hall."

"Bullshit," Aurelia replied without thinking and everyone's heads turned towards her with wide eyes. At this Aurelia smacked her hand to her mouth and then looked behind her, mimicking their looks.

"Who said that? Did you guys hear that?" She grinned, and the rest of the group began to laugh. "Show me this damn passageway then. Come on, onwards!" she clapped her hands together and ran over to Sirius, slinging her arm around him and marching him over to the portrait of the knight that now had his eyebrow raised and was looking between the two 11 year olds suggestively.