CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

MICHELLE

"Dominic!" I yelled when he suddenly grabed my hair from the back.

"You did it again, Mich!" he said and walking while pulling my hair.

I'm so weak and tired enough to fight. It's been a year since we got marriage and that is the day when I started to feel lost.

"I told you to stay away from other man amd from other people!" I came back to my senses when he pulled me up again and slapped my face hard.

I felt a huge impact and fell on the ground. Soon as I feel the pain, I flinch and face him with tears in my eyes. I plead at him but he just look at me woth disgust and anger.

"N-no. He's just a s-stranger! He's asking for a direction, please believe me." I tried. I tried to explain but he just shrugged off and pulled me again. My knees are hurting whipe my elbows are bleeding due to what happened earlier when he push me.

I saw him looking at me so I stared to feel nervous.

"It's been a long time since we bond together right?" I started to panic when he say those things.

N-no. I know what he means.

I tried to pull my arm from his grip but he's just too strong and I'm so..weak.

I just found myself inside our room begging to live for another day.

-

I woke up trying to not make any noise that can make him up, or else, I'm doom.

When I step my foot on the tiles, it bring shivers to my skin the coldness of it. I embrace my self and pull my shirt to make me feel warm.

I felt a little pain from my private part, which was the result of what he did to me last night. That was horrible.

I just slip that thought to my mind and started to walk.

As soon as I reached the door, the tears that I'm holding back since last night, just fell down.

I-i'm tired.

After crying for a bit, I started to walk again towards the kitchen and get the ingredients for my dish that I will cook.

After several minutes of cooking, I'd heard footsteps that coming from the staircase. I tried to feel relaxed and calm but his presence makes me uncomfortable and nervous.

"Hi," I flinch when he hug me from my back and whisper to my ears. I moved a little to face him, I smiled a bit and point my dish.

"H-hello, breakfast is ready." I said trying not to stutter but I failed. He just looked at me and sigh. I let out an air.

He started to walk and smiled at me. He sit on the other side of the table while he signaled me to sit, which I did. He started to put a rice and get some eggs and hotdogs from the other plate.

I just watched him with every single thing he do until I finally had the courage to bring the news that I had.

"D-dom, my sister from Australia, just came back. I want to visit our house, can I?" I gulp when he stopped eating and stare at me directly.

"Sure," he said simply but it brings joy to me. I was about to talk when he said things that make me shocked.

"But I'll come also." he said and walk straight to our room.

My plan has failed.

-

"Ouch." I touch my belly when I finish vomitting. I get a cup of water and drink it.

I start remembering what I ate last night that can make me sick, but even if I ask myself, the answer is none.

Then I sunddenly remember that I'm two months delayed.

"Oh God." I-impossible.

"Mich, go buy me some beer before we go. We're out of stocks." Dominic shouted from the living room.

"And be back after 30 minutes, understood?!" he added.

"S-sure, coming." I said while staring straight to my tummy which was bigger than before.

I hope it's not what I think.

-

I grab a basket and walk towards the alcohol section. I search for Dominic beer's. Two minutes of finding, I finally saw and get five bottles of it.

I walk, heading to the counter while holding the basket. I'm next to the old lady holding a two baskets with her hands. Then ten minutes later, the man infront of him finished paying the bills so it's her turn but after the cashier lady says the money that she needs to pay, she started panicking. She keeps touching and putting her hands to her pocket but she seemed finds nothing.

"Ma'am, sorry but if you don't have money to pay for this items, I'm afraid you have to leave without these." the cashier said while pity is evident to her face.

"No. I need this items but it seemed that somebody got my wallet! Please." she said while her two hands are together. The cashier look at her with sad face.

"I'm sorry-"

"I'll pay for it." I said that makes them shocked. After realizing it, the woman started to thank me. I just smiled and put the beer to the machine.

The cashier said the amount of money I had to pay while smiling at me. I smiled back and get my wallet.

She smiled back at me and gave me the beers and the items that lady bought.

"Thank you, I owe you one." she said but I just smiled and bowed a little then started to walk.

After buying Dominic his favorite brand of beer, I sat down to my car for awhile trying to think of possible things.

As fas as I know, every month, I always got my period before the end of the month, but it's in the middle of the month and I don't remember that I got my period last month.

I closed my eyes and take a deep breathe, then start the engine.

Ten minutes of driving, I'm now infront of the building.

Dr. Lara, Ob-gyne Clinic.

My hands are shaking upon entering the door.

"Hi, Ma'am. Did you have an appointment with Dr. Lara?" I hurriedly shake my head as no for an answer.

"Oh, so just fill out this form and wait until your turn. Okay?" I look at the paper from her hand and next to the ten women waiting for their turn.

"I-i can't wait. C-can you send me next?" I was silently praying for it but she just said no and go back to their quarters.

I'm hopelessly sigh and walk but I accidentaly bump into someone.

"Dr. Lara!" the nurse that I've spoke earlier shouted and hurriedly help the old lady that I've help in the groceries.