5

Shide stood within Shuyi cell watching as the Angel exercised with what was available to him. He'd left the Angel alone for nearly two weeks and all but one Angelic Mark had faded. The Soulmate mark (in my story soulmate mark not summarise as love on, when a two angels born in same time they have the soulmate mark ,they can feel each other pain , happiness etc) stood out starkly black against Shuyi fair skin.

Shuyi..

He'd recognised the name as soon as the first report from one of his spies has come in. Son of the Shon family and one of the most respected Angel within the shrinking Angels forces.

The young man was also at the eye of a hurricane brewing within the clave. A civil war that threatened to tear the entire organization apart from within. The consequences of their actions for not lifting a finger when God had been on his rampage and now the disdain that the upper echelons of the society towards one of the their brightest Angels  . . . They could fake their unity for outsiders and other creatures, but the factions within the angel organization would have done his work for him given enough time.

No . . . He knew all about Shuyi.

He remembered the 'scandal' a few years back—remembered how he'd chuckled as the young man was put on trial and nearly stripped of his Angelic Mark  for the crime of homosexuality. His peers had argued tirelessly on his behalf, but they had no power within the ruling council of the Heaven. It was only the ongoing war and Shuyi exemplary record in battle that had saved him. Even with the way the Heaven  had shunned him, he'd still continued to fight for the Angels —winning several skirmishes against Shide forces.

Shide licked his lips as the young man dropped down into a set of pushups on the ground. He'd had little need to interrogate Shuyi—or even speak to him. So he'd left the Angel alone . . . well, he'd hidden his presence as he'd watched. 

Shuyi eventually finished with the pushups and had moved over beside the antique coffee table that sat in front of the fire that never died. Shide cringed as the young man began doing box jumps . . . onto the coffee table. He sighed dramatically as the heavy wooden piece groaned a bit under the strain but did not shatter or even crack. This was his punishment for choosing such a . . . plush room to put Shuyi into.

He'd forgotten to provide additional clothes, however. He could see that now with the way Shuyi had apparently washed his clothing in the bathroom, and they now hung from the mantle over the fire to dry. It left the angel in only his undergarment—a small clingy thing that left nothing to imagination as Shuyi did his jumps and the small bit of fabric provided next to no support in his . . . lower regions. Sweat had beaded along his back, running down the grove of his spine and the scar that still nearly bisected his back.

"Are you going to continue to watch me or are you going to say something this time?" Shuyi asked as he hit the ground, pausing his movements.

The Devil didn't allow surprise to overcome him and he didn't hesitated in revealing himself. Shuyi stepped away from the coffee table, his head tilting as he took in the first person he'd seen in weeks. The Angel looked over at his clothing expectantly, and Shide quickly waved a hand, drying them instantly.

"Though don't feel like you need to get dressed up for me," he said quickly, but the other man ignored him. Shuyi didn't thank him, merely walked over and started pulling the clothing back on. The firelight glowed around him giving him a stark silhouette that had Shide staring.

It really was a shame to cover up such beauty.

Shuyi turned back around, his pants were on, but the simple wrap shirt was still hanging open revealing his long torso. Shide raised a brow at the sight.

"Why am I still alive?" the Angel asked suddenly when it became clear that Shide  wasn't going to begin the conversation.

The Devil blinked, shaking himself free of his less than pure thoughts. "What?" he asked, blinking.

The Angel didn't seem amused. "Why am I still alive? I can't tell time in here, but I know it's been at least a week."

Shide shrugged. "Nearly two."

Shuyi lips tightened and he looked worried. Shide watched as the young man's fingers ran over his side absently, touching the area where the hidden Soulmate Mark still remained. The Devil felt his eyes narrow ever so slightly at the sight. He'd long since figured out that the other Angel who is screaming his name that day  from the battlefield was Ohm, the Soulmates of Shuyi his adoptive brother.

The echo of the Angel agonized howl flashed through his mind. Was Ohm doing the same to his mark in this very moment, he wondered.

Shuyi spoke again, his words breaking Shide thoughts. "Well, if you were intending to drive me crazy, by leaving me alone—"

"That was not . . . my intent," Shide said quickly, stepping forward, his movements a glide that bordered on graceful. There was a subtle shift in Shuyi breathing—unnoticeable unless one was intent on seeing it. The Angel  was not immune to Shide rather considerable charms, it seemed.

"Then what is your intent?" Shuyi asked with a swallow.

"I wanted to learn about you—about Angels ," he said with a tilt of his head. It was a safe enough answer, he thought, but Shuyi wasn't buying it.

"Considering the way the war has been going, I'd say you know plenty," the Angel  answered shrewdly. It fit with what Shide had come to know about him.

"One can never know too much, Shuyi," Shide said lightly.

The Angel  eyes narrowed and his lips thinned. "You know who I am, then."

Shide couldn't stop the way his lips spread into a smile. "Oh, of course. Shuyi—shamed son of the Shon family. War hero on the losing side."