13

"How long have I been here?"

It was the first thing Shide heard when he portaled into Shuyi- their quarters. He grimaced, looking anywhere but at the Angel who lounged back on the sofa. The space had expanded considerably as Shide spent more and more time there and bore little resemblance to the cell it had once been.

Where there was once only a bed, some small bits of furniture, and lavatory, there was now a full suite of amenities branching off into various training rooms for Shuyi as well as areas for more leisurely activities such as the sauna and full bath house. The Angel even had proper platforms for his box jumps now and no longer used the coffee table. Anything Shide could grant to Shuyi in order to stave off questions like these.

"Does it matter?" the Devil asked instead, pulling off his overcoat and coming around to face his lover. Shuyi didn't move so Shide shrugged and lifted the other man's feet, sitting down beneath them.

"I can't even track the days. There aren't any damn windows-" Shuyi began heatedly, but Shide was quick to cut him off.

"And whose fault is that?" he asked with a tilt of his head.

There had been a window in the beginning-a small thing above the shower. A small thing that Shuyi had tried to use repeatedly to escape. It lead nowhere, of course. Even when Shuyi had eventually succeeded in scaling the wall, he would simply drop back into the bed when his feet touched the ground. Shide hadn't thought much of it in the beginning, but when the Angel had broken his leg in one of these attempts, the Devil had removed the opening altogether.

Shuyi sent him a disdainful glance. "I hadn't even met you, yet. You were still hiding in the shadows watching me."

Shide shrugged. "I won't apologize for the way I conduct myself with pris-honored guests."

The Angel sat up, his feet leaving Shide lap and coming to land on the floor. The Devil found himself inexplicably missing the weight even as his gaze met Shuyi.

"Do I not provide everything you could possibly need?" he asked, gesturing around the room.

Shuyi shook his head. "Stop changing the subject. How long have I been here?"

Shide took a breath before sighing. "Thirteen months," he said.

"Thir-a year? I've been here a year?"

"Yes."

Shuyi had never asked him this question because truly, he didn't want to know. While his Angel lover was leisurely spending his days jogging along the Great Wall of China, eating the finest cuisine offered from around the world, and laying in the softest bed known to man while Shide made love to him . . .

His people were still at war.

Shuyi hadn't wanted to be reminded of the situation outside, and Shide did his level best to ensure that Shuyi had plenty of things to distract and entertain him in this little world he'd created for them.

"The war . . . how is it going?"

Shide raised a brow. Clearly, he hadn't been doing enough to divert the Shuyi attention if all these questions were now bubbling up after so long. Shuyi hadn't asked about the war in a long time. At first, he'd grilled Shide every time they saw one another, but even that had slowed as the news became more dire for the Angel.

Shide pursed his lips in thought. What to say? What to disclose? Where did he want this conversation to lead?

He looked at Shuyi anxious face. "We are considering offering up a truce," he said at last.

This brought Shuyi up short. "What?"

The Devil shrugged. "It won't be anytime soon-the heaven still has far too much influence over the other Angel ."

"The Heaven ? The Heaven is what's stopping you?"

"Yes. The creature's does not wish for the complete annihilation of the Angels . They were ready to offer a peace treaty months ago, however I won't allow for the Heaven to remain in power over the Angels -not as they are now, anyway."

Shuyi blinked in confusion. "The Heaven is the very foundation of the Angel . They maintain our traditions-our culture-"

"Their bigotry and short-sightedness?" Shide asked flatly.

Shuyi clenched his teeth as he came around the bed. "There's far more to Angels than that."

Shide considered the other man for a moment. He took Shuyi hand into his own, holding it for a few seconds before bringing it up to brush a kiss over his knuckles.

"I'm well aware that the Angel have produced great beauty, Shuyi," he said softly.

The Angel face flushed but he didn't pull away. "I'm serious, Shide. Our entire society is based on the structure provided by the Heaven . The law is hard-"

The Devil chuckled, cutting him off. "But it's the law. I know. The problem is that that the Heaven has grown lazy in their assurance of power. They used the law as a shield to avoid responsibility for God."

Shuyi lips thinned. "God acted without the Heaven knowledge or consent!"

"But not without their approval-Angel as it was," Shide said slowly. "Tell me Shuyi, how many slanderous words have you heard-have you said -in the hallowed halls of your capital about the creature's? I know what they call me, but the vampires-bored decedent self-involved creatures of unrestrained lust, and werewolves, slaves to their impulses . . . yes?"

The Angel reared back as though struck and looked away.

Shide shrugged. "Perhaps they didn't think God would take it so far-Heaven knows they never thought the creature's would eventually be backed so far into a corner that they would lash out with the help of Lucifer."

"No," Shuyi said flatly. "They never thought it would go this far."

"But it has, and has anything changed in Heaven ?"

Shuyi sighed and if there was one thing that Shide adored about Shuyi, it was his, albeit begrudging, honesty. "No."

Adom  leaned in and brushed a kiss over Shuyi lips, gratified that the Angel didn't try to pull away. "It'll be alright, Shuyi, I promise."

The Angel shook his head. "You can't make that kind of promise. This is a war . . . things-terrible things-they happen all the time."

"Shuyi," Shide said chidingly. "I'm a Devil . All things are possible."

Shuyi looked at him then, his gaze telling Shide something that the Devil could not quite understand, but a pool of warmth formed in his stomach. It was an unfamiliar sensation, but not altogether unwelcome. He smiled, stealing another kiss and deepening their connection. His hand came up and cupped Shuyi face as the Angel reached over and clutched his shirt. A snap of Shide fingers had them naked and Shuyi shivered as his newly bared flesh was hit by the cool air of the room.

Fun fact//  Shide in we best love is actually dark and manipulative person. But when it's confirmed that Sam is going to play Shide role, they change the character according to Sam. But if you see the hole 2 season for almost 5 times like me you will understand. They potrate Shide Beautiful that's it's difficult to catch real Shide. Actually we still don't know about Shide❤️❤️

I know many funfact about WBL if you want to know more then comment and tell me 😬