Part 2

Raya woke up early with the sun peeking through. Being on her own for 6 years definitely changed some things. Her body had adapted to being outdoors. Always watching her back and never relaxing. She'd wake up in the middle of the night and sleep with her sword nearby.

She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. Her tired eyes focused and she saw a childhood room. This room felt comforting but haunting. Walking back to it felt heavy, with every step another missed memory came to mind. She wondered what the room would've looked like if she grew up in it. She hated thinking about it but her mind made it inevitable. So many nights, so many days.

Shaking off her untended to feelings she got up. She had people that worked in the palace to help her but she got so used to being independent that she told them they didn't have to accompany her.

She takes a shower and gets dressed before laying back on her bed. "Take as many breaks as you need" she recalls her Ba's words. She's not used to getting a break. Being alone while a curse lurks and cities are always on your tail doesn't consist of taking breaks.

Getting up and finally deciding to face the day she walks out of her room. She had to wear her old clothes for a couple weeks when she first got back. All her old clothes fit her younger self. They got some people in Heart who specialize in clothing to make her more. Of course it took some times so right now she was stuck with about three options. She didn't mind though, she's never been big on fancy clothing.

"Princess Raya."  A worker in the castle called.

"Oh good morning." Raya smiles

"Good morning. Chief Benja is waiting for you. There is breakfast already made." She says softly

"Thank you."

With that Raya walks away. She wasn't used to all these people being in her face right when she got up. She didn't hate it but found it way more irritating than she used to. Walking quickly past more people she finally makes it to her Ba.

With relief in her heart she smiles
"Good morning Ba"

"Good morning my Dew drop" he gives a warm smile "you okay?" he asks noticing her in a little distress.

"Just not used to all these people" Raya laughs

"I can imagine" he chuckles and motions her to sit.

"I didn't expect you to be up so early" Raya says sitting in a seat facing him.

"We need to set out Early to get to Fang in time." He expressed taking a bite of fruit

"Right."

Raya didn't hate Fang. Just being there brought up a lot of emotion. She knew it wasn't all their faults but they made the first move. They were the easiest to blame.

"I know Fang brings up a lot of unwanted feelings Dew drop. But Kumandra can't just be a title. We have to work to build peace and that won't happen if we just let our fallen neighbours face ruin on their own."

Raya smiles up at her father. His words always made sense, they always brung hope and security. She needed those words when she was growing up, but all she had was old sentences in her memory. She couldn't change that though. What's most important is living in the now. Looking into a brighter future, and he was right. It wouldn't be brighter without taking the action to not just be called Kumandra but be Kumandra.

"Okay. Well I'm ready when you are." Raya smiles and starts eating the breakfast she forgot was sitting in front of her.

After breakfast Raya and her dad loaded some snacks on one of their boats.