Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The color drained out of his face. "You... You mean its time?" He stuttered, looking at her. She only nodded, biting her lip as a  painful contraction hit her. Anakin carefully picked her up, taking powerful steps into the house. He moved to their bedroom and laid her gently on the bed.

"I'll get Sabe." He told her soothingly.

She kissed his cheek before he left, running her hands over her stomach. "Sabe!" Anakin shouted, practically falling down the stairs; the Hero With No Fear was brought into a nervous mess at the thought of childbirth.

The soft spoken  handmaiden came to meet him at the bottom of the stairs. "Is everything alright, Master Skywalker?"

"Its Padme... She's gone into labor!" He panted, feeling like he'd just run a mile. "Grab a bowl of ice water, a washcloth and two blankets; meet me upstairs as soon as you can..." With that, Sabe began to climb the stairs.

Anakin nodded then proceeded to run into the kitchen, grabbing the things the handmaiden had asked for as fast as he could. He mounted the stairs less then ten minutes later, carefully carrying everything back up to her.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Anakin felt as thought the world had stopped, in his arms he held the most perfect little babies...A boy and a girl... He couldn't believe he was actually holding them, it had all felt like some sort of dream, now, now it felt real. Their little bodies moving against his arms.

Padme leaned against the master fresher's door frame, admiring them from a far. The new mother smiled at the lazily, squeezing some of the water out of her hair. Nothing could make this moment any more perfect...unless she was in his arms as well.

Almost as if he heard what she was thinking, he carefully lowered himself onto the side of the bed. Scooting his newborn son to the same arm as his sister, he used his free hand to sneak underneath her shoulders as she laid down with them. He held her close as they looked between the two infants.

"They're perfect Padme." He breathed. "They are..." She kissed his neck softly. "I guess you can say we did good, they're so beautiful!"

"They're just as beautiful at their mother." He commented, a small smirk coming to his face. He put his legs on the bed so that his son lay between them, while his daughter he still held in the crook of his arm.

Padme reached down and carefully picked up their infant son. His cobalt blue eyes opened as he later on her chest, looking up at her with a gummy smile.

"My handsome little Luke..." She cooed, sliding a finger over his cheek. "You look just like your Daddy..."

"And Leia, my little princess... You look just like your Mommy." Anakin said, cradling his little girl in his arms. She had little tufts of brown hair and when she opened her little chocolate eyes, she looked just like her mother.

Padme turned her head and looked up at his, seeing his fatherly side begin to blossom. "She's gonna have you wrapped around her little finger!" She giggled, rubbing Luke's back as he laid on her. "Yes she is... Just like her Momma." He answered with a cocky smile, letting Leia grip his finger with her little hand.

Padme pulled Luke up a bit as she sat up a little straighter. His little nose turned up as he smiled at her, seeing her smile back at him. "This little guy is gonna be a Momma's boy, I can already feel it..." She rubbed her nose against his, making the infant gasp out a little laughter.

Anakin watched the interaction with a smile on his face, he also noticed Leia seemed to be watching with rapt interest. Suddenly she got upset and let out a cry, prompting Anakin to pick her up and put her against his shoulder.

"What Princess? You don't like seeing your brother get attention without you huh?" He asked, rubbing her back to sooth her.

Luke looked over at her, curious expression on his little face. "Looks like Bubba doesn't like to see you crying, Leia..." She leaned over and kissed her daughter's cheek, smirking as she saw the expectant look on Anakin's face when she pulled back without kissing him too.

"Don't I get a kiss too?" He asked, cocking his head at her.

"Of course you do!" She brought Luke up to his cheek and as if he knew what she was doing, his little pout pressed up against Anakin's cheek. "Oh my Goddess!" She started laughing with Luke on her shoulder. Anakin laughed out loud too, causing both twins to look at them with curious expressions.

"I think they find your laughter weird, it's deeper like your voice." She took Leia in her other arm and sat with her legs crossed, facing her husband.

"Well they'll have to get used to it." He commented, crossing his own legs and reaching out to tickle Luke's chin. Luke's little hands reached up and caught his father's finger, gently squeezing it. "I think someone wants his Daddy..."

"Come here Lukey..." Anakin cooed, gently taking his son from Padme while being careful of his head. "This is all I've ever wanted." He commented, speaking quietly to his little boy.

"Me too, Ani... Me too..."

He leaned over and kissed her softly on the lips, telling her in one motion all that he meant to her. The rest of that morning was spent playing with the newborns until eventually, all four Skywalkers fell asleep in each other's arms.