Chapter 15

**

Liam is in a studying frenzy. He has been for days since they neglected to even glance at a textbook while they were on break, but Louis is heavily considering combusting if he hears Liam utter another word about molecules and cells. Seriously.

“Mock quiz time!” Liam shouts, startling Louis as he walks next to Harry through uni. He’s holding up a textbook full of exam prep, stuffed to the brim with papers and post-its. “True or false? Adrenal gland disorders are often caused by genetic mutations and infection.”

“I love it when you talk dirty to me, Liam,” Louis says, not even pretending to give that any thought.

Liam huffs. “Answer the question. Come on, exams start next week and we haven’t studied at all.”

“It’s true. That, and the answer,” Harry says. Louis does his absolute best to sneer at him for that.

“Gold star for you, Harry,” Liam says, beaming at him, then to Louis, “you have a lot to work on.”

Louis lets out an amused sound at Liam’s overreaction. “Harry’s motivated by the looming fear of med school, I know better, thank you very much. Besides, we study.”

“I don’t think me watching hospital shows while you fall asleep to online lectures really counts as studying, babe,” Harry says.

“That’s a technicality.”

“We need to have some group study sessions,” Liam tells them.

“Lou’ll never go for it,” Harry says, as if Louis has suddenly faded out of existence.

“I’ll bribe him with pizza.”

“I’ll bribe him with sex.”

Louis looks between them wildly. “Wow, I’m deeply offended that you both think I’m so easily bought off.”

Harry laughs and swings his arm over Louis’ shoulder. “I can tell you’re so hurt.”

Louis fixes him with a glare, for arguments sake. “I am, completely, you just ruined Christmas.”

“It’s still November!”

“That’s how offended I am.”

The whole atmosphere changes when Harry leans in close to his ear, so close Louis can feel all kinds of warmth, and he whispers, “guess I’ll just have to make it up to you.”

Louis stops breathing.

Harry’s gaze falls past him, at Liam who’s head is still buried in his book. “You go on, Li. We’ll be there in a second.”

Liam doesn’t really register them, murmuring something that sounds like yeah, yeah, whatever, he turns a corner towards their lecture theatre, and Harry is pulling Louis in the opposite direction.

Before he even knows what’s happening, he’s being pressed up against the wall of the handicapped bathroom, Harry’s tongue down his throat as soon as the door is locked behind them. In the tangible solidness that holds them together, Louis wishes the ease and confidence he has when he kisses Harry could transfer to his constantly racing heart.

He doesn’t have time to dwell on that thought though, because Harry chooses that moment to moan loudly into his mouth, and fuck. Louis has to scramble to something to hold onto. He’s already painfully hard, and just about collapses when Harry starts yanking down his jeans and slipping his fingers under his waistband.

Harrys grin stretches wider, he presses up against Louis but pulls his face back so their mouths are just barely brushing. Instead of kissing him again, Harry dips his head down and sucks on Louis’ neck, his lips hot and wet against him. Louis can already feel that pre-bruise sensation; sharp and stinging and heart-racing and perfect. He ends up gripping the sink behind him just in case his legs give out.