Epilogue

One Month Later

**

“Okay, no peaking,” Louis says for what has to be the tenth time.

Harry has his eyes firmly shut beneath the blindfold. “Couldn’t if I tried.”

He’s holding Louis’ hand, getting led towards his supposed birthday present. He’s been trying all day to guess what it is but Louis, the sneaky little shit, is far too good at keeping secrets, unlike Harry himself.

He woke this morning surprised to find Louis already out of bed, and in the kitchen actually cooking breakfast. And not only was it actually edible, but it tasted good too. Amazing.

What followed was the most mindblowing morning sex they’ve had––maybe not ever, but it definitely ranked pretty high. It involved toys (Harry’s latest obsession. Started with a joke-Christmas gift from Nick, a gift card to one of the local adult stores, and Harry swears he wasn’t going to use it, but then he caught Louis on the website later that night and well, one thing led to another and suddenly his top draw is stocked full with neon) if he’s honest, it does add an interesting new dynamic to their sex life, and sometimes they take longer because they’re figuring out how to use certain things, and it’s fun. It should always be fun.

Afterwards they spent an inhumanly long time making out on the couch, because the other three were out so they didn’t have to worry about their level of decency. Not that they often do, anyway.

So ultimately, it’s been the best birthday ever, all things considered. Though, it doesn’t really take a lot for Harry to be happy when Louis is involved. He’s probably into him an unnatural amount, but, ah, life is short and – oh, Zayn would kill him – you only live once.

Harry did remain a level of suspicion when Louis was peering out the window and up at the sky every few minutes, frowning a little (adorably) whenever clouds would roll in. He also pushed Harry down on his back and tangled their mouths together whenever Harry would ask him about it, not that he was complaining in the slightest.

So when they heard a vehicle outside, and Louis outright leapt over the couch to grab a blindfold and pull it over Harry’s head, he was a little concerned. Not really though, because it’s Louis, and he’d gladly jump off a cliff with his eyes open if Louis promised to catch him at the bottom.

At this point, all he can tell is that they’ve gone out the front door. He can hear a loud engine running, smell exhaust fumes in the air, and feel Louis squeezing his hand in excitement.

“Oh my God, did you buy me a monster truck?” Harry asks with fake enthusiasm. “Every little boys dream!”

Louis jabs him with his elbow. “Shut up. Take your blindfold off.”

So Harry does, and parked in their driveway is, in fact, the crappiest rental truck he’s ever seen. It’s got Dave’s Automotive Rentals’ faded logo on the side and it’s…

It’s a shitty rental truck. Oh.

That’s not what catches him off-guard though, it’s that, posing nonchalant on the back are Niall, Zayn and Liam, in fancy suits, admittedly looking like actual models. Harry is speechless. He absolutely adores these boys.

“Surprise!” Liam yells, breaking his pout-like-no-one-is-watching pose to jump off the back and hug Harry, in all his waist-coat and polished-shoes glory. “Happy birthday, H.”

“This is…” Harry looks at Louis over Liam’s shoulder. “You remembered.”

“Of course,” Louis says with a shrug. “Little hard to forget when you were so descriptive. Liam said you might cry if it’s not perfect.”