Chapter 224

Evan walked back into the clinic to find the others recovering.  Stephen sat in a chair holding his head in his heads as tears streamed down his face.

"Stephen." He said.

Stephen looked up at him and wiped his eyes. "Did you stop them?"

"Yeah I stopped them." He replied.

"Good." He sniffed back the tears. Stephen then stood and gave him a hug. "I'm sorry Evan."

"Its okay buddy." He said as he hugged him. He then looked at him and said "I'm not sure what your father did that night." Though he had a suspicion. "But you understand this changes nothing between us right. As far as I am concerned you are my son."

"Yea sir."  Stephen nodded. "Where is he know?"

"Security took them to holding." He said.

"Can I see him?" Stephen asked.

"Tomorrow." Evan replied. Joseph and Brody emerged from the back with uneasy looks cross their faces.

"What happened?" Brody asked.

"Did Grace attack you?" Joseph asked.

"Yes." Evan replied.

"We felt it back there." Brody said. "It knocked us all out."

"What's going on?" Joseph asked.

Evan told them what Stephen saw and the two grew silent. He expected them to deny it, say that there was no way their father could have been involved in the deaths of his family but they both seemed to accept his true.

Then again he was a man who arranged for his own son to be kicked out of his home where he was forced into prostitution. Where he was raped and beaten.. There was probably nothing that he would not to do, nothing he would not sacrifice to accomplish his goals.

Evan then broke the silence. "Stephen, Joseph why don't you head back to the mansion." He then looked at Brody. "Brody wait here with me."

"Yes dad." Brody said.

Joseph and Stephen headed out and Evan said "I'm going to check on the others." He then gave Brody a light slap on the backside. "Have a seat and wait for me."

"Yes sir." Brody sat down and Evan rubbed the top of his head as he walked into the back. 

Brody straightened his hair and sunk in his seat.  His mind went to the vision he had.  It was of Sheila. He had no idea why his mind went to her again. Why he still had this strong connection to the person who cruelly broke his heart.

She was standing in front of a mirror tears running down her cheeks  as she held her stomach.  She look freaked out as if her world was crashing down upon her.

A look he knew all too well.

Evan walked into Charles' room where he laid on the bed as tubes fed him fluids.  "You okay son?"

"Yes Uncle Evan." He said.

"Do you want to call your family?"  He thought how Jonah and Regina had went to deal with the shapeshifter who was impersonating him.

"Yes, Uncle Evan." He said.

"You know that you don't have to call me Uncle Evan right?" He asked as he handed him his cell phone. Charles thought his impersonator probably had his.

"But that is what you are right?" He said as he dailed his aunt's phone number.

"Yes." Evan said. "I'm your great, great uncle."

Charles looked at him in shock.

"I'll explain it to you later."

Charles nodded and said "Hey Aunt Martha its me Charles."

"Hi sweetie."

"I just wanted to let you know I won't be home tonight." He then said "I will be staying at a friend's."

His eyes then widened as she said "Yes ma'am." A look of shock crossed his face as he handed him the phone. "She asked for you by name."

Evan a feeling of unease went through him as he took the phone. "Hello." He said.

"I have a message for you from my brother, Charles' father." She said.

"Okay." He said unsure what was going on.

"Its a question actually." She said. "Is my boy safe?"

"Yes he is." Evan said. "The man who kidnapped him will never hurt him again."

Relief was in her voice as she said "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"From what I understand you and my brother have a lot in common." She said. "And I'm guessing that Charles shares the same family trait."

"Yes does."  Evan then handed the phone back to him and he walked out as he spoke with his aunt.

Connor junior laid on the bed given a physical. The doctor told him that he checked out. Evan told him to go wait in the lobby.

Connor junior then said. "We have to go to the third floor of the mansion."

He and the doctor looked at him in surprise. "The third floor is gone."

His mind flashed to himself, Brody, and Evan walking up the stair tower and then entering the third floor.

"For now." He said and smiled.

Morgan was standing before the stone of scone with his friends. They held their breath as light began to emerge from the stone and then a figure was in the light.

Morgan heard himself utter the words "I am so getting my butt whipped."

"Hey guys you okay." Evan said as he walked into the room. They all looked uneasy as they processed what they saw in their visions.

Anson gave his brother an uncomfortable look as he said "Boys why don't you let your uncle and I talk."

They agreed and walked out and shut the door behind him.

Shame filled Anson's face as he said "I know you are angry with me right now and you have every right to be. And I will spend the rest of my life making what I did up to you, your sons, and my children. But I need you to your righteous indignation aside and listen to me."

"Okay."

"When I passed out I had a vision." Anson said. "I saw someone I am not sure he was but he was connected to us somehow. A powerful connection."

"I connected with him too." Evan said. "I have no idea who he is but Mordecai knows him." He then asked "What did you see?"

"He was looking at a journal on his desk." He said. "It looked like one of dad's old journals."

"Thats impossible his journals were on the third floor." He said. "Unless..."

"Its one he kept after the incident." Anson said. "We just thought he stopped keeping journals but what if he did not. What if still kept them and they have fallen into the wrong person's hands?"

A chill ran up his spine as said "We better find this person."

Anson was in his mind. He did not sense any madness much to disappointment. Evan must have discovered away to beat the ring's curse.

Of course he did he sneered.

Its okay just a tiny setback. At least Elrich has been removed from play. He was so easy to manipulate. The overly ambitious always are.

But Evan he thought. Evan will be a challenge. But he was not disheartened like Randolph Carter he enjoyed a challenge.

He opened the journal and said "Hybrids. How interesting." He then smirked as he said "I know a thing or two about them. About from two worlds."

Thanks to Randolph Carter he thought.