Chapter; 14

Sam's POV; first person.

Waking up from my long slumber, I felt somewhat better, my insides didn't feel internally bruised anymore, I felt normal again, I gently sat up, peering beside me at the alarm clock on Colby's bedside table, it's four in the afternoon, Jesus, did I really sleep in for that long? Before I could even think anymore, Colby entered his bedroom, a smile appearing on his face after he saw me sat up, clearly awake and alive.

'Well. Look at this. I had faith in you.'

I gave him a gentle smile back, it was nice he had some sort of faith in me I guess, it didn't feel like it most of the time. My eyes followed where he was walking, until he sat down on the bed next to me, he ran his fingers through my hair, planting a loving peck on my pale forehead.

'If I had lost you. Life wouldn't be the same again, I wouldn't of been able to move on from your death. I'd miss you every second of every minute of every hour, your part of the heart that keeps me alive.'

Hearing those words come from his mouth, I look up at him, not knowing I meant so much to someone I thought I meant so little too, I realized after a while I think we'd been staring at each other for a while, but that's when I saw Colby inch closer to my face, his lips clearly heading for mine, but I didn't move back, I didn't stop him, I just let it happen.

Feeling our lips come into contact, I gently rested my hands at the back of his neck, his hands very gently supporting my waist, our eyes were closed and the kiss felt like something else, it made my heart flutter in my chest, it was almost overwhelming, but it didn't stop me from kissing him.

Colby pulled away after a while but I didn't want it to stop, but I think he knew that himself, because he had his thumb pressed against my bottom lip to stop me from kissing him again, so I just, closed my eyes, leaning my forehand against his own, after that, I slid my head down to his shoulder, now turning this into a hug, it felt nice hugging him.

"I love you."

I peeped, he was happy to hear my voice since I hadn't really spoken since last night, he gripped the hair on the back of my head gently, his other hand resting onto my back, I could feel him burying his face into the crook of my head, he was probably just taking in the moment, knowing that I could of died.

'I love you more.'

He said back, I loved him more, he was the last person I thought about when I went to sleep, the only partner I saw in my future, even though I didn't know if we were together or not, I hoped and prayed that we would be in the future, he seemed like the only person who fit into my life like the last piece of my fucked up past and future.

I pulled away from the hug and noticed him looking at his phone, while he had tears ghosting in his eyes, I cupped his face slightly and used my thumbs to make those tears disappear.

"Cole... why are you crying?"

He held onto my wrists, dropping his phone onto the bed while my hands rested on his face, I watched the fear appear in his eyes and I suddenly got more anxious, and way more concerned then I was when I saw him crying.

'We can't Sam.'

What? After all of this, he couldn't? I shakily let go of his face and felt tears ghost around in my eyes, I wrapped my arms around my own body, my own comfort was the only comfort I could trust at this point.

'S-sam'

He stuttered painfully, reaching out to wipe my tears, but I moved back, I could tell he felt hurt by that but what did it matter, he hurt me just as much as I did him, ill or not I climbed out of bed, using my hand to cover my mouth trying not to let myself cry over this guy again. I headed into my bedroom and just locked the door, I needed my space away from Jake and Colby.

I leant my back against the door and slid down it until my rear made contact with the floor, that's when I removed my hand from my mouth and just sobbed, the pain was coming back again, why was he doing this to me.

Colby was also crying, I could hear his cry's getting louder as he approached my bedroom door, he tried turning the handle but I guess he realized I had only just locked it.

'I l-love you. I'm not lying about that. But the girl that I almost hooked up with. That was Ella. She's my boss- and because of how embarrassed she got that night, she said if she saw me or even heard about us together. I'd be fired.'

He cried, but it seemed like anything that happened, I still meant nothing to him, I almost died because of him and he wouldn't even sacrifice his job for me, it was what I feared from the beginning that was true...

He never gave a damn about me.