Chapter 12: Blinded By The Light

"You're the only one I want to touch."

"Wow." Even with how far away Kay was, the Eiffel Tower still loomed over top of her. "Do we really have to be in France this week?"

"What's wrong with being in France?"

"Because it's full of ancient stuff and people with bad accents. There's nothing fun to do here unlike somewhere in America."

"Fascinating! Kay, look at this! America is great indeed. Imagine a country so free, one can throw glass on the streets!" Darjeeling starts to mock Kay, grinning at the sight of the girl next to her being unable to make a comeback.

"You don't have to be so rude about it," Kay said while starting to pout.

"Just calm down, alright? I'm here for you." Darjeeling wraps her arms around Kay, giving a warm hug.

As the hug continued, Darjeeling got a whiff of what smelled like lemonade from Kay's hair.

"Are you trying to impress me with this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your hair smells like lemonade!"

"Oh... I didn't think you would notice that." Kay wiggles out of the hug, already blushing.

"Aww, how can you be so cute and so energetic at the same time?"

"Because it's nice to see your reaction?" Kay let out a little sniffle.

"How could I resist." Darjeeling ran her fingers through Kay's hair.

"Do you really have to do that? I still don't feel well."

Darjeeling takes this opportunity to give Kay's head a few pats. Kay let a whimper each time Darjeeling touched her head.

"Are you going to be alright?" Darjeeling whispered.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be fine."

"I'll get you a treat if you promise to calm down."

"From where?"

"From wherever you'd like us to."

"We could go to one of those cafes you always see in movies."

"I think I know a place just like that."

With how large the city was, the walk to the café Darjeeling had suggested didn't take very long. Darjeeling still had her fingers in Kay's hair when they arrived, quickly removing them so people didn't look at them in a weird way.

"So this is the tea that you're used to?" For what you'd think a café would have, it only had tea and high quality chocolate. Kay was attempting to have what Darjeeling called "actual tea".

"Yes. This is what a proper Englishwoman would drink, unlike for example, what you had when we were in Australia."
"But it was so great tasting, even if it wasn't 'actual tea'."

"Hey, I tried that burger last week, so I don't see the issue with you trying a cup of tea."

"Yeah, that burger was awesome. Never knew Canada could make such a large burger, even with them being near the American border."

"Are you going to try it now?"

"What flavor is it?"

"From what this packaging says, Apple Ginger. Now stop stalling and just get it over with."

"Fine." Kay raised the cup to her lips and let it slowly roll into her mouth. It was flaming but she was able to gulp it down quickly before she burnt her tongue. "You could have at least told me that it was going to be such a high temperature."