One

Searing flushes and aching chills. From orange to red, to pink to purple and blue, in nauseating, feverish kaleidoscope. Twisting and scorching, craving and seeking and longing and needing...

Him.

//

It shouldn't have happened this quickly. They had planned it together - talked it all through with P'Min - and agreed that Gulf would wean himself off his cycle blocking medication whilst Mew was away touring for the week. Once he returned, they could start...breeding.

But it seemed the universe had had her own plans - perhaps a form of gleeful revenge for all of the tricks this pair of mates had already played on her over the course of their three and a half years in anarchic love. Their refusal to bite, the 'pure love' revolution as human hearts overrode their alpha and omega beings, the night of marking and claiming one another forever - by choice not fate, and the rare soul bond that had opened up between them.

It had never been simple.

At this moment, the alpha had just come off stage when his phone began to ring, still fresh with the sweat and exhilaration of performing the night's encore - Season of You. His brow clouded on seeing the familiar number: Gulf's brother, back in Bangkok.

Mew answered quickly.

"Hello, Kaownah? Is everything ok?"

"Uhm. P'Mew, I know you're away but...Sorry...I think you might need to come home. It's Gulf, he-"

"-What's happened to Gulf?!", Mew interrupted, voice louder than usual, harder, urgent.

It had suddenly occurred to him that he couldn't feel his mate. He must have deliberately obscured their soul bond. For what reason?

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry you Phi, it's just that he called me this afternoon - you know how stubborn he is, he thought it would be easier to go through with someone he's related to, since you're not there", the young beta was babbling, not making much sense and only fanning the flames of the elder mans rapidly firing anxiety, then "...When I arrived at the condo and saw him...he's in a bad way P'Mew, really bad".

"What is it Kaow? WHAT'S HAPPENED TO GULF?"

"He...he's in pain, P'Mew. He's in need. Needs you. He's fallen into heat".