Margaret of Anjou

This Queen was one of the infurmance players in the Wars of the Roses. Margaret of Anjou may be a medieval queen but she has a very strong grip in modern day pop culture. There's no surprise there. History always repeat itself and there are so many TV shows and movies based in history. 

Margaret of Anjou was born in 1430 in France. The daughter of Rena of Anjou. The man who believes he was the rightful king in Naples, Sicily, and Jerusalem. As a child, she watched her father raged war and acupi cities that he believe was his right. And her mother stood by his side and supported his claims. 

In the year 1445 at the age of 15 Margaret of Anjou married King Henry VI of England in attempt to bring peace between England and France who was in the middle of the hundred years war. But while Margaret was a custom of war and strength, Henry VI was more then happy to let his friends and advisors tell him how to rule. In short, he was a weak ruler and it turns out he was also pretty weak minded. He suffered through insanity that creeper him so he couldn't speak or know where he was. 

In 1453, Margaret gives birth to her first and only son Edward, Prince of Wales, while her husband was in the mist of a massive mental break down. The happy occasion was overshadow by the question everyone was asking, Who should rule England? 

Margaret of Anjou had a lifetime enemy in the Duke of York but that didn't stop him from evading England with his supporters and armies. He even took the King hostage. That moment was the last straw for Margaret of Anjou and she rally armies from the North in Scotland. They march to battle and killed the Duke of York, saving Henry from captivity. Margaret was determine to secure a spot on the throne for her husband and her son. At this point the war between the Yorksters and the Lancasterings have been going on for five years. And Margaret's victory over the Duke of York was short lived. Richard Duke of York's son Edward have became the next Duke of York. And his supporters made Margaret and her son run to France in search for safety. This allowed Edward the Duke of York to declared himself Edward IV, King of England. 

Margaret of Anjou might have been unsuccessful in securing the crown for herself and for her son on the throne of England but her abilities is to lead armies make her massive importance. Her place in military and political force in history is without question. This gives inspiration in our shows and pop culture characters. Margaret of Anjou was fears and conning and she style herself up as a king until she died in 1482. 

1430-1482

     Research

     Research