03.

AONE WAS SUPER CONFUSED, TO SAY THE LEAST

AONE WAS SUPER CONFUSED, TO SAY THE LEAST. confused and a little frustrated. was this a prank? is someone playing games with him? this early in the morning? or was this a simple mistake? there was a boy in front of him and on both his sides, they could've easily been for them.

today was supposed to be a normal day, for him at least. practice, class, train ride home, greet his mother silently, do his work, get ready for bed, and repeat. it's normal, his life script. he never saw relationships fitting into his script because he thought no one would look at him that way. view him in a positive, loving light. he didn't think he was capable of finding a lover.

oh boy, was he wrong. so wrong. in y/n's eyes, he could do nothing wrong. he would do nothing wrong, ever. he was a perfect human being who deserved so much love and affection. she just couldn't express it out loud like she wanted to.

when aone approached his desk, he saw it immediately. he knew it's not something he left from the previous day— he's always careful about his belongings and never leaves school without checking if everything of his were there. he had to be careful of everything.

he acted as if it was a bomb that would go off any second. a bomb would be a more reasonable explanation than whatever this was. there was no way that someone would leave something like this for him. no way. never.

y/n watched aone's reaction very closely. she sat not too far away from him, a seat besides the one behind him. maybe he's slowly taking it in? or doesn't want to get in trouble? yeah....that's it.

that wasn't it. moments after convincing herself that the boy she liked just wasn't used to get attention in a romantic way, her world slowly crushed. he turned to his side, facing the captain of the volleyball team- kenji futakuchi- and softly placed the delicately wrapped box on his desk.

"huuuuh? what's this?" he rotated it on the surface with his pointer finger, examining it. "hey bro.....are you in love with me or something?" his eyes slowly wandered up to meet aone's. "because love is love, i don't judge but-"

"no." he shook his head roughly. "it's not from me." he looked down on it. "well, it's not mine. wait, did someone leave this for me?" he looked around the classroom for anyone to be looking towards him. luckily, y/n already had her head down facing the window.

she couldn't believe it. all of her effort, down the drain. it was way worse than rejection, he wouldn't even look at it. was it that ugly? she didn't want to cry, knowing she shouldn't be wasting her tears on something like this- but it hurt. of course, she knew something was going to happen but it never crossed her mind that it would be something like this.

y/n raised her hand adbrutlh, "can i use the restroom?" the teacher looked unimpressed, his glasses perched lowly on his nose bridge. "you just had time, didn't you?" he said, looking at the clock. "i can't help that i have to sit in a pool of my own blood, is it?" she faked a smile. she was not having it today. he sighed loudly, "fine. hurry."

she got up slowly, giving one last glance towards aone, futakuchi, and her gift. quickly ripping her eyes away, she made her way to the bathroom. once she hade it to a stall, she leaned her head against the door. y/n took deep breaths, she needed to calm down and try to clear her head. fuck this mental relaxing bullshit. it's not working. sighing, y/n took her phone out of her pocket, going to her messages.

y/n.
can you come to the bathroom.
like now.

kyomi.
ummm???
are we finally going to fuck

y/n.
kyomi, please.
i need you rn.

kyomi.
okay, okay 🙄
i'll be right there

how are we friends? honestly?

before she could even answer herself, she heard the door open and her name get called. "y/n-chan!! where you at girl?" kyomi loudly called out for her, like she wasn't the only one in the bathroom. "you dummy, you see my legs under the stall." y/n said as she stepped out her stall and closing it. "how'd you get here so fast? were you skipping again?"

"hey, no! you don't get to question me when you text me like that!" she slowly took y/n's hands in hers "what's wrong?" that sentence, that question hit her hard. tears brimmed her eyes and she whispered, "he hated it." kyomi gasped loudly, "WHAT? he said that to you?"

".....well, no." she looked down at their hands. as soon as she answered, their hands disconnected. "you stupid bitch." y/n's eyes widened when she heard her "yomi! why would you say that, i'm hurting right now!"

"if he didn't say he hated it, why would you think that?" she rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms across her chest. "well he wouldn't even open it. so that means he hates it."

kyomi's eyes softened when she heard what her best friend said. "oh y/n, i'm so sorry." she wrapped her arms around her frame. "if it makes you feel better, i think you're way out of his league. like amount of miles we're away from the sun out of his league."

y/n paused as she was still in kyomi's embrace, letting herself comprehend her words. "....you know that's not helping me feel better, right? like at all."