♫¹

"Sakusaaaa", my cousin, Komori screeched. He was really excited because the government announced that, as of today, everybody would get a chance to find or communicate with their 'soulmate'. Those soulmates were people you were destined to be with since your birth. That's at least what the government says. I didn't really believe in this stuff but Komori, of course, did. 

"What do you think will be the way in which we will be able to communicate", I asked him. I regretted it immediately. "Well we could have matching tattoos or something like this but I don't think that they would tattoo everybody. The second possibility is that we'll be able to communicate through writing on our skin. That would be really cool. Same goes for connection through red strings attached to your pinkies. Then there is the name on wrist thing but I don't know. It doesn't seem like something they'd do. Or we could see what we are seeing through the other's eyes when we cover one eye ", Komori said. I knew that he had a lot more ideas about how the government would let us find out who our soulmates were but I also knew that they were really unrealistic. 

"You know that this isn't one of those soulmate fanfictions you read in your free time, this is real life. They will probably give you the number of the other or you'll be able to write letters", I replied. He frowned but nodded in agreement. He knew that it would be useless to argue with me. 

After that, I put on some music and went to clean under my bed. I hated the feeling of it not being clean and I could never see what amount of dirt was under there. It scared me. 

☆*: .。.。.:*♫*: .。.。.:*☆

"SAMU", I yelled out the name of my twin. He was currently spending time with his boyfriend. I hated him and I don't think that they're soulmates. They still stay together though. His name was Akagi and he was pretty nice but I didn't understand why they were dating. They worked way better as friends. But, of course, nobody would listen to me. It would be their problem if they broke up because they weren't soulmates. 

I hoped that my soulmate wouldn't be in a relationship. That would make everything more complicated and I really did want to end up with him. I knew it was a boy because I was only attracted to guys and soulmates were normally people you are supposed to end up dating. 

I've always been in love with the idea of being destined to love someone. Love that can never be destroyed. Loving someone without a doubt and knowing they will love you back unconditionally. I've always dreamed of that. 

But maybe that was just because I've ve never been in a relationship before and I'm happy I wasn't. I still crushed on some people but I never got too attached. I hoped that this would change with the right person aka my soulmate. I hoped he would feel the same way for me as well. 

I knew that this all was unrealistic but a boy can dream, right?