Chapter 2

Of course before we depart on our overnight ride to the capitol we got to say our goodbyes. I potential final words. To see our family one last time.  This was a time where things will not be better left unsaid.  A moment of truth. It was agonizing. My family, and lux coming to see me. They will tell me I will come home, yet still hold that fear of what if. What if she doesn't make it where will we be then.

I stood at the window at the door of the justice hall watching as they began to take apart the set up in the square from the reaping that only ended ten minutes ago. "Eager to use it as their whipping stage again." I say rolling my eyes as I say on the ledge arms folded. I had been in here for what seemed like ages.

Welcome to the Capitol." Lilith says as I look to Shimmer, Maximillian and Ares. The train zooming past the walls as the sun shined in ans the buildings of the capitol shines through.

"What's a pretty girl like you, doing with a frown on her face." I hear a smooth yet feminine voice say as I stood looking in the mirror. I turned my head to see a women dressed in all black with hair that resembles flames by the color of it. "My name is Asmeres. I'm your stylist up until you depart until you make your debut as a tribute." She says as she crossed her arms. I could tell she knew more about me then I did of her. It was telling from her look. I'm sure she knew of my mother and father. "I was thinking about how I would have some stupid outfit on for this parade, and how I would kill my sled rather than wear a dumb ass head peace." I say looking straight at her.

I was blunt, ans yes maybe I could've been nicer but I was in no mood to play along with this foolish game I just wanted to win and get it over with. "Well for your darling you're lucky. I'm not those idiot stylist I've trained under Cinna for 10 years before I started. You're in good hands." She says as she cane up to me fluffing my hair. "You look just like your mother, but have the tongue of your father. You're a deadly one my dear." She smirks. "And I'm going to make sure they know of it." She adds as she turned me around in the mirror pulling my hair behind my shoulders looking over at me. "And even though you're paired with that arrogant boy, you'll eat him and the crowd up. My goal is to make everyone fall in love with you and want to sponsor your team" she added as I nodded my head in response.

At this point I would've chewed her out and told her how dumb she sounded. I mean they had to sound like that in order to stay in the good graces of the capitol. "Now let's get you dressed." She said as she pulled out a gold dress covered in shimmers.

The preparation was exhausting. The plucking of my eyes rows, the forced shower, the straightening of my hair, the makeup up and more was an understatement. All of this while only having the picture of a women in a tacky red get up and a short man in a blue and purple one. People get money and still can't find style. "So tell me  Ameres, what are you hiding, you clearly have some agenda." I say as she walked back up to me as I sat on the examining table. "Well unlike others I do t have an agenda just a message, a young victors daughter winning the hearts of panem, without having to act like a brainwashed grinned child." She says as France and Idaria came back with the dress that was left in the fitting room. "Well, that's a hard task. Snow knows I don't like him, and if panem found out one of the person careers, well the top career of district one was a fraud that would lose if, and be sure to see me dead." I said huffing rolli g my eyes as I pushed one of the curls out of my face. "And as your stylist it's my job to not let them see that now stand up." Ameres says with a soft smirk on her face.

I look to the two in a nicer way clowns and then back to her. "Fine." I says as I got off the table standing in front of her my short height clear as she stood tall in her platformed shoes. I geuinely wasn't ecstatic to put a dress on. Wearing my training outfits moat says and the days I was off skirts and pants it was a bit new to me. I never seen myself in a good fitting dress besides the dinners we woukd have in the capitol. Even then, I dreaded it all. "I spoke with your mother and trust me. This will fulfill your dress dream." She says as she unzipped the high low dress that resembled a Grecian goddess.

It was funny we did all of this to prepare for our final days of life, perform, train,  act and lastly kill. It was ironic, yet sad. People from my home saw the games as some sort of morally correct festival. Yes. I trained to be the top career, but I did it to make my voice be known. I did it to begin to take the chance to open peoples eyes. My goal as a career wasn't to change. It was to be the revolution katniss everdeen started 25 years ago. I knew this would be my only chance to make my mark. "My darling, they'll know your name from today ans after the day you win. I'm placing my beta on you from here on out." Ameres says as she interrupted my thoughts. "I wouldn't be to hopeful." I say giving that one in a million chance of me possibly dying, especially if someone in my group died and we split, but I wouldn't do that. Not in my watch.