Chapter 4: Do You Wanna Do Spinjitzu?

"OMG What's Happening" - Ava Max

So I did everything to push you all away
And finally you left and now I'm missin' you like crazy
And I cry, no I can't sleep alone at night
Oh, I, oh, I

*****

A/N: Information for this chapter: When Wu sings, the words will be like this. When Garmadon sings, the words will be like this. When the First Spinjitzu Master talks, the words will be like this

The next day, Wu woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and the sunlight on his face. He jumped out of bed to observe the natural world outside his window. "What a wonderful morning!" Wu cheered to himself as he gazed at the large tree outside his monastery, along with the blue sky, and puffy white clouds. 

The younger sibling excitedly rushed over to his brother's room, which wasn't a far distance from his room, but still pretty far, and stood in front of his door. "Garmadon?" Wu knocked on his door a few times. "Do you wanna do spinjitzu? C'mon on let's go and play." Feeling slightly discouraged from the lack of response, Wu sat on the ground in front of Garmadon's room. "I never see you anymore, come out the door, it's like you've gone away!" Wu peered under his door. 

"We used to be best buddies and now we're not." Wu sadly sang as he played with 2 Lego mini-figures that looked like himself and Garmadon. "I wish you would tell me why!" He laid on the floor in the main hallway of the monastery. Feeling an ounce of courage, Wu walked to Garmadon's closed door and tried again. "Do you wanna do spinjitzu? It doesn't have to be spinjitzu." He mumbled the last part through the keyhole. "Go away Wu," the older sibling responded dismally. On the inside, Wu was glad that he got a response, but it wasn't a positive one. "Okay bye," he walked away from the door with feelings of rejection inside. However, he didn't want to give up yet.

Garmadon was looking outside his window until the white ledge he was holding on to was covered in dark matter. Luckily, his father was in the room at that time and he held a pair of black gloves for his son. "The gloves will help" the First Spinjitzu Master calmly stated as he helped Garmadon put on the gloves. "Conceal it, don't feel it, don't let it show." The older man placed his hands on his son's hands, now temporarily protected by the gloves. 

A few years passed by and 10-year-old Wu eagerly rushed to Garmadon's door and knocked once again. "Do you wanna do spinjitzu?" The blonde boy flew across the hall on his dragon. "Or ride our dragons down the hall?" He continued singing as they crashed into a statue of his father. "I think some company is overdue. I've started talking to the pictures on the walls." He flipped onto the couch and pointed at one of the paintings above him. "Hang in there Firstbourne! It gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms, just watching the hours tick by!" While staring at the clock and moving his eyes back and forth, Wu made ticking noises to express his impatience.

Back in Garmadon's room, his powers have grown stronger and his skin was becoming paler. "I'm scared, it's getting stronger!" The older sibling cried to his father. "Getting upset only makes it worse, calm down." He reached out to hold his son's hands. "No! Don't touch me!" Garmadon backed away in fear. "Please, I don't wanna hurt you," he begged in a small voice.

A few more years passed, and the First Spinjitzu Master and his dragon were preparing to go on a long journey. 13-year-old Wu sprinted towards him and wrapped his arms around him. "See you in 2 weeks!" The older man hugged back with a soft smile. 

15-year-old Garmadon stood in front of his father. "Do you have to go?" He asked with tears in his eyes. "You'll be fine, Garmadon," the First Spinjitzu Master reassured his older son. 

Unfortunately, both the First Spinjitzu Master and his dragon didn't make it as they were crossing the ocean due to a dangerous storm.

Wu kept his head down during the funeral. It was a very sad moment for everyone since the First Spinjitzu Master was known for putting others before him and making sure Ninjago was always kept safe.

After the funeral, Wu slowly walked towards his room, wanting this nightmare to go away. He glanced up towards Garmadon's door as he passed by. Maybe, he thought, just one more time. The younger sibling knocked on the door slowly. "Garmadon?" There was no response from the other side. "Please I know you're in there, people are asking where you've been. They say 'have courage' and I'm trying to. I'm right here for you, just let me in," he begged. Pressing his hand to the door, Wu continued to sing. "We only have each other, it's just you and me. What are we gonna do?" Wu sank to the floor with his back pressed against the door. Feeling very emotional and confused, the younger sibling pled once more in a weak voice "Do you wanna do spinjitzu?" Little did he know, Garmadon was sitting on the floor in his room with his back pressed against the door. Feeling trapped in his fate, he buried his head under his arms and cried himself to sleep as the darkness he created surrounded him.

*****

Word Count: 853

A/N: Okay I feel like every time I think I'll write a short chapter, I end up writing it way longer than expected! So I'll just go with the flow for future chapters whether they're long, short, or in between. And yes, this chapter was basically another version of "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" and I really enjoyed writing it. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed 💜💜💜