CHAPTER 19. ''GOODBYE BLUE SKY.''

CHAPTER 19.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY.

''Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?''

Steve and Sam had returned to Hawaii after being sent back home to think if they wanted to sign the Sokovia Accords, they were debating it with Bucky and Maeve, who were not completely on speaking terms at the moment.

''This is so stupid, ''Maeve throw the accords to the coffee table after finishing reading them. ''Politicians taking power over potential missions may be a terrible idea in an emergency, it's a terrible idea overall.''

''My only fear is what this entails when it comes to protecting you two,''  Steve said. ''There are still people coming after Bucky.''

''Steve, you cannot sign this,'' Maeve said. ''It's an awful idea. I know they are worried about the public but this is not the way to protect them.''

''Any enhanced individuals who agree to sign must register with the United Nations and provide biometric data such as fingerprints and DNA samples, ''Sam read out loud. '' Those with innate powers must also wear tracking bracelets at all times.''

''I'm not doing that.'' Bucky said firmly.

''Tony already signed the papers, ''Steve said. ''I think he suspects us, he told me yesterday that I smelled like a piña colada.''

''You do, ''Said sam. ''You might want to slow down on those.''

''They don't have alcohol,'' Steve said. ''How is that going to smell?''

''Guys we are getting off the tracks,'' Scott said. ''I'm not signing the accords, I have to protect my family.''

''We should talk to Tony about this,'' Sam said. ''If we explain him...''

''We can't,'' Steve stated firmly, he took a look at Bucky as he nodded and put his head down. ''He cannot know.''

''You guys need to take a look at this, ''Kim screamed from the living room. ''Hurry up!''

Everyone rushed to the living room and Kim points at the TV, where the News channel was playing its Breaking News report and the big red letters said ''United Nations Complex Boomed.''

''Natasha and Tony are there,'' Sam said. ''They were discussing the accords today.''

Steve took a hold of his phone and he was ready to call Natasha to make sure they were ok but when he heard the news reporter talk about the suspect he froze in place and his phone fell right off his hand.

"More than seventy people have been injured. At least twelve are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier."

''That's not me!'' Bucky exclaimed.

''Steve, what is this?'' Maeve said with a severe and scared look on her face. ''He was been here all this time, that's not him.''

''I don't know, ''Steve said. ''I think someone is trying to frame him.''

''We have to go, ''Steve said. ''I'm not letting them frame you for something you didn't do.''

Steve called Natasha and explained the situation, she advised him to hand him over to the authorities but Steve wasn't doing that and they both knew.

''Steve, T'Challa is set out to avenge his father's murder,'' Natasha told him over the phone. ''James is the only suspect.''

''I will speak to him as soon as we arrive.'' Steve said and hang up.