21| SCHOOL, TALKS AND A NEW GUY

TW // abuse mention

21| SCHOOL, TALKS AND A NEW GUY

[ Chapter Twenty-One ]

❝Actually we're gonna watch horror movies, because Jon promised.❞

[S2:E1: Chapter One: MADMAX]

>> >> >>

A Year Later

Fall had spread over Hawkins and Halloween was fast approaching. Beth didn't much care for Halloween since she'd become too old to go trick-or-treating and instead was expected to attend parties where all anyone did was get too drunk to think for themselves and usually ended up sleeping with someone and regretting it the next day.

In fact, Beth knew that from very personal experiences which were not something she wanted to relive from the previous Halloween. Besides, she knew her brother wouldn't want to go out and she'd rather hang out with him and watch scary movies after taking Will trick-or-treating. Will didn't want Joyce coming with him so, to compromise, Jonathan and Beth had agreed to take him instead. Though, Will wasn't too thrilled with that either, but who would be thrilled to have their high school sibling tagging along with them and their friends while trick-or-treating?

"Beth. Hurry up or we're going to be late." Jonathan called from outside the bathroom which Beth was currently hogging as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail.

"I can always drive myself, Jon." Beth shot back.

"Oh yeah, with who's car?" Jonathan retorted.

Beth rolled her eyes and didn't answer. She still hadn't been able to buy herself a car even though she'd previously been saving up for one, however, she'd decided to help her mom pay to help her brother, and put some of it into her college fund. But, she was still very close to being able to afford a car and when she was, she was excited to no longer have to rely on her twin. For now, though Jonathan still drove the both of them to school.

Beth checked her minor makeup in the mirror before washing her hands again and leaving the bathroom.

Jonathan rolled his eyes at his sister, "You ready?"

Beth glared at him, "Sorry, I was just thinking."

"It's fine, Beth." Jonathan said and led her outside.

"Since when do you want to be early to school, Jon?" Beth asked, as she opened the passenger door and got in.

"Since when do you not care about getting to school on time?" Jonathan retorted.