Chapter 9

Hayes POV:

I wake up and look out the window just as the bus pulls into a driveway with a sign saying "Welcome to camp Rocco!" With a smiling campfire next to it. I sit up and look around. Everybody but a few kids my age are talking and laughing all excitedly. I really hope this summer isn't going to be as bad as I think it's gonna be.

The bus slowly makes it's way down a long path. All I can see so far are tree's and more trees. Finally, we pull into a lot where there's lots of kids and parents. Everybody looks so excited..It's mostly little kids. Some even look like they could be Skylyn's age. We turn into a garage looking building and the driver says "Welcome to camp Rocco guys! You can hop out and grab your bags then head on to registration!" I have no idea where that even is so I just follow everybody else. As I get out, a girl about my age comes up to me and taps my should. I turn around and see a short blonde girl with pretty green eyes, "Oh my gosh.. your Hayes Grier," she says in a super cute English accent.

"Haha, uh yeah..I am." I say running my hand through my short new haircut.

"I can't believe your actually at Camp America!" she says, "I'm Elise by the way."

"Nice to meet you Elise," I say shaking her hand and smiling as we follow the group, "Your first time here?" I ask her.

"No actually, I've been coming since grade 7, it's an exchange program from my school back in Bradford. I love it here, it's always the highlight of my summer," Elise says.

"Well it's my first time.. It's really that fun huh?" I say looking at her.

"The best," She says smiling.

"Girls in this line, Boys in the line," A lady shouts.

We're in this big building with tables. The lunchroom obviously, or whatever they call a lunchroom at a summer camp. That girl Elise was pretty cute, I hope there's more girls like her here, then maybe my summer won't be so bad.

"Name please?" a man asks.

"Oh uh, Hayes. Hayes Grier," I say realizing I wasn't paying attention.

"Your cabin is Seneca," he says pointing to a cart, "go over there and put your stuff down."

I walk over and see 2 other guys hauling their stuff onto the cart. "Hey what's up man," one of them says to the other while they do some handshake.

"Aye my man!" the other says ready for this summer?"

"Oh yeah it's about to sick!" He replies back. They both turn to me.

"Hey i'm Matt and this is Jude, your from vine aren't you, I think my sister watches you all the time?" Matt asks shaking my hand.

"Haha yeah, i'm Hayes," I say, "I guess you guys know each other?"

"Oh yeah, we've both been coming here a while from the exchange program," Jude says

"Nice, my first year" I say.

"Well nice to meet you Hayes," Matt says, "Welcome to camp."

"Thanks man," I say. Maybe this summer won't suck as much as I think it will.