Vmin

heyo i haven't written about this duo in a while. 

so here's some angst! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"there's a strange person in the field" jungkook says looking out the window. jimin's ears perked up at the thought of someone waiting for him. his special someone that he supposedly lost, that someone he loved so much that it was dizzying to believe that he'd be there waiting for him. he felt intrigued so he raced next to the young boy to see who he was talking about. then he saw him, eyes glistening in the purple sky, their loose coffee cream jacket flowing in the breeze. 

"who is it?" jungkook says looking from jimin to this mystery person standing idle in the wind. 

"jimin-ah," he says just looking into his eyes now, seeing that recognition in his eyes. "do you know who it is?" 

jimin starts to panic, his breathing was getting shallow and the words he wanted to yell out were getting stuck in his throat. "how? h-how are they here?" he says in a shaky voice. 

"i think you should go to them" jungkook says quietly as he turns to look at him but as soon as they land on the spot where jimin was, he was already walking towards the figure, with tears cascading down his face with a big smile plastered on his lips. his laughter echoed, and taehyung's small chuckle followed suit. 

to jimin, there was nothing else. it was just him and taehyung out in a shining field. he stood in the middle of the field, watching him in awe. nervously, he started to walk towards him, which then turned into a jog, and then a full on sprint to him.

taehyung then turns around and as he does, his entire view focuses solely on the beautiful man running towards him with his arms open for him. he smiles sadly and reaches out his hand to jimin, and as jimin starts to sprint, feeling as though he might fall apart if he doesn't get there fast enough, the field along the horizon slowly starts to disappear. but nothing else mattered, just as long as he could get to him, it didn't matter if the field disappeared. 

suddenly, memories of jimin and taehyung snuggling up on the couch as they made fun of cheesy dramas, the two of them dancing in the rain and then spending the next week sick together, celebrating the holidays together with family, but always focusing on each other. the tears that fell for each other, the jokes they shared- everything was nauseatingly magnificent to feel. 

he ran and ran but dread started to hit as he began to realise that he's not getting any closer, if anything, taehyung's still in the place he was in, and jimin is getting nowhere. it's like the field kept on stretching between them, keeping them out of arms reach. tears started to form as droplets in his eyes. 

"wait..." he says breathlessly, "wait no.. taehyung please wait for me.. stay right there i'll be right there...!" 

taehyung looks down at his trembling hands that began to fade away, and looked up again, crying with his lover with a small smile that threatened to falter, he whispered out, "i'm sorry my love, maybe next time." 

and as those words escaped his lips in a barely audible whisper, the words echoed around jimin's brain and taunted him. eventually, the world was crumbling and taehyung was no longer there. it was just jimin, alone again.

he fell to his knees as he was forced to watch him disappear over the horizon, just like always. taehyung always disappeared, no matter what jimin did differently, jimin was always alone.

"no..." the happy tears and little sniffles then turned into agonizingly painful screams, the tears continuing to wet his skin. his body shook and jerked as the wind got louder, so deafeningly loud, to thankfully block out jimin's sobs. 

"i was so close..." he whispers, a small tear falling down his cheek, looking out at the horizon again.

then, a window frame came back into view. 

 "did you say something?" jungkook says watching him from the couch. 

"oh... no, nothing." he sighs and goes back to washing the dishes. jungkook just mumbles an 'okay' as he goes back to whatever he was doing before he noticed his friend acting odd. 

"in another life." taehyung softly whispered, his words getting carried away in the wind. all jimin could do, was hold back his sound of surprise. 

it's not real. 

he's gone. 

but he could swear he felt his lips against his cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

767 words :) 

so yeah. small little drabble-ish. 

hope you enjoyed the angst! 

- natalie <3