𝘖𝘯𝘦 ~ 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴

Nightfall, the world around Ember slowly grinds to a halt

Nightfall, the world around Ember slowly grinds to a halt. The birds no longer sang their melodious tune accompanying her soft guitar strumming. The stars and moon became the only source of light to guide the woman on her travels. Ember searched for something she found herself missing. Family. She yearned for people she could safely call home. People she could trust with her secrets. People she could laugh with and cry with. People who she could trust with her life. People she could call her own.

Little did she know, everything was about too change.

𝘌𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘷~

I packed up my small bag of fish and moved to go To my campfire to prepare for the night. My bed and belongings lay inside my tent in a neat cluster. My horse was tied to a tree with shelter so he was safe. I snuffed out my campfire to stop any creatures being attracted to the light. I walked toward my tent checking nothing was going to prevent me sleeping. A lone zombie stumbled toward me foolishly. I drew my sword, swiping it's head clean off. I walked inside my tent and cleaned the great iron blade before setting it aside. I lay staring at the tarpaulin of the small tent that shielded me from the dangers of Mother Nature. I thought of both nothing and everything as I fell into a deep slumber.

The night soon turned too day and I was on the move again. My horse kept a steady pace as we headed toward the near by village. I had travelled for weeks to find it and now I was a mere few miles out. After a quick twenty five minute journey I reached the village. Many people greeted me before going about their days. I walked my horse too a stable before feeding him his apple.
"That's a fine horse you have there ma'am, what's his name?" A young male voice asked from behind me.
"Eclipse. I've had him since he was a foal." Eclipse was a completely coal black horse except for his mane and tail that was a beautiful snowy white. He was both fast and muscular. He was the perfect horse.
"He will be in good hands for your stay." I smile tok him and hand him a few iron ingots as I left. I had gone mining a few days ago and collected quite a few stacks of valuables so I could buy more things for my travels. I dropped my things off in the local inn before making my way to the traders tavern. As I walked in I noticed a strange looking man. His green hoodie picking out from behind his chest plate and arm guards and his hood covering the top half of his face. The rest of his face was covered in a somewhat unnerving mask. A neutral smile was painted onto the white face mask. Rather than covering the bottom half of his face like I did his whole face was kept hidden from view. I walked toward the table where the trading villagers sat.
"What brings you here, pretty lady?" One asked.
"I'm in need of supplies. I have plenty of emerald and other ore in exchange. What's on offer?" I asked sitting down at the table. The men looked amongst themselves smirking.

The bar maid came over soon after I was done trading.
"What can I get for you?" The small blonde asked politely. She was clearly new to this. The men eyed her up hungrily as she collected the empty glasses and bottles. As she went to leave one of the men slapped her ass and whistled at her. I saw the pure fear in her eyes as she scurried away from the scene. I sucked in a breath through gritted teeth and rose. My hand reached toward the sheath holding my sword.
"You really need to learn some manners." I spit as I draw my sword. Everyone around the tavern instantly goes to leave. Except the masked man. He was staying to watch the show.
"Little girl. Don't make us teach you a lesson!" One man snarled drawing his axe. I smirked at him. There was four of them and one of me. Should be easy enough. I put my items on the table as the first man charges toward me. His ace swings sloppily around as he lurches forward. I dodge and trip him as he charges past unable to stop. A small chuckle comes from the corner of the tavern as the man face plants with a loud thud. The second man comes forward his daggers gripped tightly. The man was smaller and faster than the last. He was nimble and much more skilled. He tried to jab my stomach but I block him with my sword. He swipes for my face with his other hand but I kick his stomach before his dagger lands into its target. He scrambles up and charges again but instead of going for my face again he drops going for my legs. He drops slightly early allowing me to realise what he was doing and I jump onto the table as he goes for me. I jump down slicing the mans arm deeply. It wasn't a fatal blow but it would hurt like a bitch. He cries out and falls clutching his arm. The third man is wielding a sword similar to mine. He steps toward me cautiously, waiting for me to make the first move. I swing swiftly around as our swords begin clashing. Sparks fly as the iron meets each blow would have been fatal if it hit its target. The fourth man fled with the second stumbling behind him. This distracted me for a second allowing the man to send my blade flying across the room. I was glad I had left my arm guards on. I jumped bringing my leg up to make contact with his arm knocking his sword flying across the ground. The man brought his fists up ready for me. He swung wildly aiming to land all the hits he could. I blocked all that I could but he managed to send a fist flying into my jaw, spinning my head as it made contact. A small triumphant smile formed on the males face. I brought my leg up connecting it with his hip with all the force I could muster. The man doubled over spewing cursed. Just as I went to knock him out a back hit mine. I looked to see the masked man holding the arm of the first attacker back to prevent him from stabbing me with a small sharp dagger he must have stashed away. I looked back to my assailant and brought my knee to his jaw earning a nasty crunch. His body soon connected with the ground as he lost conciseness. I tuned too the man in the green hoodie. He punched the final man leaving him a heap on the floor.
"Thank you for that." He turns nodding before going to get his belongings. I grab my freshly acquired items and headed for the door. My stay in this village would be cut short after tonight. Not that I minded. I had what I needed anyways. Just as I went too exit I heard the man call from behind me.
"Dream. My name is dream was taken ." I turned round to face the green man.
"Ember woods at your service."
"Do you have anywhere to go Ember?" He asked nearing me.
"No. I am travelling looking for somewhere but haven't come up with much as of yet. Why?" I looked up to his mask. He wasn't much taller than me maybe five or six inches. I was far from short but this man still towered over me slightly. He stood at roughly 6,4' which was taller than my 5,10' build.
"I was here too collect supplies for my friends and I. We are building a new town. The dream smp. Would you be interested in joining?" A smile grew on my face as I nodded.
"Meet me at the stables at sundown." He says before leaving. I made my way back to the inn earring glares from some of the men of the town. Most of the women seemed slightly thankful whereas others were disgusted by my actions. I didn't care for the disapproving glares as I was finally getting closer too finding a home. Maybe the dream smp will be what I have been searching for all along.

Word count: 1428
Sorry it's a slightly short chapter too start with. Leave comments on what you thought!