𝟬𝟬𝟬 ocean waves ( and her green eyes )

PROLOGUE, ocean waves ( and her green eyes )

PROLOGUE,
ocean waves ( and her green eyes )

          THE FIRST THING Dorothea noticed about England was that it was much colder than California

Crisp air brushed at her skin, and a sense of relief came over her at the sensation. Birds chirped somewhere in the distance, and Dorothea smiled at the scent of pine in the air.

Then, she looked at the house she'd been apparated to: it was made of cobblestone, cracked in some places where thick layers of ivy and clovers the like sprouted about from. It looked worn down — tarnished, as though it hadn't been lived in for years, yet she could see lively plants upon the window ceil and the orange glow of a fire burning bright inside.

She stood at the doorstep — pushing her curly hair back over her forehead with her shoulders back and head raised — pondering over how this summer would go, and thinking back to the moment in May where she gnawed at her lip as she wrote to Minerva Mcgonagall — head of the exchange program and deputy headmistress at Hogwarts as well — to accept her into Hogwarts for one school year. She'd signed up for the program on impulse, of course — she'd gotten into contact with her cousin before then and he'd mentioned how he and his girlfriend were housing a student for the summer from Mahoutokoro School of Magic, and then he'd told her that she should sign up for the program. It would be an amazing experience for you, honestly. You'll learn a ton, and I loved Hogwarts a lot, it was like a second home to me.

          Huffing a breath, she put her fist to the door and knocked: once, and then twice.

A brief moment passed when suddenly the door swung open, revealing a girl with bright red hair and equally bright green eyes in its place. She wore a red-striped sweater, along with a corduroy button-down skirt. The girl's eyes were so bright, and Dorothea wondered how the hell that was even possible. She realized after a beat that this must be one of the Evans' daughters — Petunia or Lily — as Mcgonagall had said when she'd written back with the family Dorothea'd be staying with. With the girl's expression unreadable and her eyes widened, she gave a quick glance over Dorothea head-to-toe before feigning indifference and looking up, green eyes pouring into brown.