Chapter 44

Mike

"...and then she cracked the piece of wood."

Lauren and I were standing on the rooftop together, discussing the scene she'd had with her submissive. She'd told me about her swallowing her come and was describing her increased strength. I was more concerned with her reaction to the change than the change itself.

"What did she say about it? Was she surprised she was so strong? What did she write in her journal?"

"She didn't really say anything about anything that happened during the scene, and she didn't write in her journal. She fell asleep not too long after I finished. Jeremy said his sub gets really tired afterward, as well. I will have her write in her journal tomorrow."

"How often do you scene with her?"

"It was every other day in the beginning, but it's been every day this week." She seemed embarrassed, but I completely understood the need to be with your mate all the time. I also understood the call of the Dom, so I tried to alleviate her concerns.

"Lauren, I'm not going to judge you. When Clara and I first discovered our D/s relationship, we were constantly in a scene, several times a day, every day. We tried spacing it out but couldn't. In the end, we decided that it's something we both need every day. It may be something you need, too."

"I didn't need it every day before," she reasoned. "You hadn't found your mate then," I pointed out.

"True. I just had no idea I'd feel this way about another...person." "Because she is human? Or just another being in general?"

"I think both. It really did throw me for a loop when I realized my mate was a human. I don't think I could handle how I feel about her if I didn't know what I know."

"How do you feel about her?" I asked, though the answer was written all over her face.

"I want to be with her all the time. I can't imagine being without her. I love her."

"And how does she feel about you?" I asked her. "Mike, I don't really know how she feels."

"She may not have told you in words, but you must have a feel for her emotions when she's around you."

"Yes, and I feel love and contentment coming from her. But that's not about me. She loves the scenes. I have no idea what she feels for me," Lauren said in a tone that sounded discouraged.

I wanted to tell her not to worry about it—that what one mate felt the other felt in return—but I didn't know if that were true for a human and Nermac who had mated. Humans didn't feel things as strongly as Nermac, so it was unlikely that her feelings for her were nearly as strong as what hers were for her. It was entirely possible, though, that she did have true feelings for Lauren.

I'd had prophecies of them together, and in most of them it had worked out, but I knew that one small thing could change the course of time. I hoped that it worked out as I saw it, because two lives hung in the balance. Camila could potentially lose her life, and Lauren could lose her reason for living.

However it did happen, I was glad that Lauren had found her mate. Clara was equally pleased, as she'd been hoping for this day for decades and decades. After all, every mother wanted to see her daughter happy.

"Have you asked her in her journal?"

"I've read her journal, and she often writes of how she feels accepted and loves coming to the playroom. She writes about how she loves the lifestyle, and how it makes her feel."

"Well, you haven't given her a chance to know you, Lauren. She hasn't even seen you, has she?"

She shook her head. "You know it's against the rules. If the Elders found out, they would expect me to inject her."

"Lauren, just think about it. If she is your mate, she will eventually have to see you." I didn't want to push her, but I also wanted to see her happy.

"Let me ask you this: how much of my prophecy did you see?" "A second of it," she acknowledged.

"And was she wearing a blindfold?"

"FUCK! She wasn't when it happened! At what point did I let her see me? Was it just before the genetic alteration that she saw me and that was why I had to do it? Or was it long before? Maybe she didn't even see me until after she was injected. And why did she look so fucking young? She looked like she does now!"

"I really don't know, Lauren. I can't see everything—just bits here and there. My advice is to treasure every moment you have with her now, and then be open to altering her when the time comes. Think of the positives. You can enjoy training her as a human mate, and then you can do it all over again when she is one of us." I chuckled. "She will remember all of her training, but her new sexual urges will make it very difficult for her to obey you. You have to remember that humans have been suppressing their sexual desires for centuries, while we have embraced ours. It should make for some fun."

I liked that Lauren smiled back at me. "Well, that is a bright side."