#6 Getting a Pet

#6 You guys get a pet

Ashton:

It was his birthday and you knew what he really wanted. He wanted a dog. He had been dropping hints for years that he wanted a puppy, but he could never have one because of his touring. You and Ashton had just moved in together about two months ago and you figured that you could watch the dog when he was away. You saw a listing in the post for free golden retriever puppies and you went right away to pick one up. You had a friend watch the puppy the night before his birthday. Before he woke up, you got the puppy and tiptoed into your bedroom. You crawled onto the bed and placed the puppy on his face. Ashton stirred in his sleep as the puppy starting licking his morning stubble. As Ash opened his eyes, he immediately started smiling.

“Happy Birthday baby.” You said softly.

“You didn’t!” He said excitedly. He sat up a bit and crushed the little puppy with a hug.

“You are the absolute best girlfriend I could ask for.” He kissed your face everywhere while holding the puppy in his arm. Ash named him Dave Growl.

Michael:

Michael knew you wanted a pet to keep you company while he was away on tour. He adored cats and you did too so that’s what he decided on. He surprised you one morning by taking you to a shelter where the new litters of kitties were. Michael saw a little black kitty with white paws in the corner of the room and immediately fell in love. He picked up the kitten and brought it up to your face.

“Can we keep her?” He asked in a baby voice with his puppy dog eyes turned on.  

“I thought this cat was a present for me? Don’t I get to choose?” You tried to not look into the kitten’s eye so you could make your own decision but the cat was just so damn cute.

“But look, she’s sooooo cute! I wanna cuddle her forever and never stop!” You couldn’t hold back any longer.

“Fine, she’s adorable. We can keep her as long as we call her Luna.”

“Deal.” Mikey smiled so wide and continued kissing the kitty and cuddling it.

Calum:

Calum loves dogs more than humans. He won’t even deny it. He suggested you guys get a puppy as soon as you moved in together. Unfortunately, you had to tell him that you were highly allergic. He got over it pretty quickly and decided on another pet. A turtle. You thought this was hilarious because of the poem he wrote about turtles when he was younger. He brought one home one night.

“Calum, is that what I think it is?” You said laughing as he held the turtle like a baby in his arms.

“Maybe, I think we should name him Turdy!” He said laughing.

“Turdy the turtle. Hmm I like it. It’s classy.” You both laughed and spent the night playing with Turdy the turtle.

Luke:

Luke had a black lab at home who he adored but never saw enough of. He thought getting another pet would mean ignoring another pet because of the constant touring. You tried to tell him that you would be home with the pet, but he knew that you had work and schooling to attend to. You both decided that the best thing for your hectic lifestyles would be to get a fish. Fish were simple, easy to take care of and need little attention. You decided on a lovely goldfish that only costed £3.

“What should we name him?” Luke asked while holding the plastic bag.

“How do we know it’s a he?”

“Hm, I guess we don’t but I’m working a vibe.”

“I think it’s a girl so we’re gonna have to compromise on a gender neutral name. I’m thinking Taylor?” Luke laughed at how political you were being.

“Taco. Taylor’s weird. Too human-y. Plus, I love mexican food.” Luke suggested. You were dating a weirdo, a mexican loving weirdo.

“Taco it is.”