ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛: 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝔸𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕟𝕖𝕕

Y/n's POV:

My eyes flutter open as I am greeted by the beautiful night sky. "What the heck are these dreams?" I mumble. I sit up, my back still against the soft and sturdy trunk. I gaze into the night sky in absolute bliss, wishing to be lost forever in the embrace of its beauty, but I am met with the face of reality as the moon shines brighter than the stars, high in the sky. "Looks like I've been passed out for a while.." I spoke aloud.

My body feels sore all over, my joints are aching, and my SOUL feels as though it's on fire. That group of mother fuckers, making my SOUL act up... I cut off my ranting when I feel my thoughts turn dark. As I continue to think I feel a soft breeze hit my side and I look over to be meet with a small, glowing, teal figure of a child?

"Oh, hey Shizu, how have you been?"

"Why do you continue to put up with this? Why not stand up for yourself." Shizu questions in a wispy yet annoyed way.

"Because you know what happens when I try to fight back, they hit harder." I'm met with silence as Shizu knows that this is the truth.

I've known them for as long as I'm able to remember, back when I came too all those years ago, in the forest where the orphanage caretakers found me, Shizu was there waiting, they said they were a friend and that we were... connected?

I don't really understand what they meant by that. They put it like... our souls are bound to one another, that we are linked through a bond. But since I can't remember much, I don't entirely understand what they mean by "bond", but I didn't know what was going on, so I listened. They didn't have a name back then, or at least they didn't want to tell me yet... so for a while I didn't know what to call them, but eventually I started to call them Shizu, and they seemed to be alright with the name even if it was more suited to girls. Their pronouns were they/them but they claim that they didn't really care.

They've been with me through thick and thin, even if they are forced to stay by my side, they still treat me better than anyone ever has. "How do you continue persisting after the countless of times others have failed you?" They spoke sadly with a bit of anger in her tone. They've witnessed everything I've been through and to be honest... I kinda feel bad that they've been forced to watch it all.

"I don't really know... I think it's like I'm waiting for something..." I trail off not knowing how to finish my statement. Shizu stares at me curiously expecting more, but I look to the stars lost in my own thoughts...

"Get some rest Y/N, don't worry I'll keep you safe!" They stood up with a hand on their hip and a fist in the air, an air of determination surrounding them, I didn't have any time to protest because Shizu had already turned around and placed their hand onto my forehead, making me feel faint.

...

My eyes flutter open, greeted with streams of sunlight peaking in between the golden leaves of the tree. Man... it'd be nice to wake up to this every morning. I sit up rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I gaze upon the gorgeous flowers surrounding me, Bee's dancing upon the petals, the chirps of birds in the nearby trees. I sigh, a smile stretched across my face as I stand up and walk out from under the shade of my tree. I scan the area and spot Shizu sitting on their knees as butterflies flutter around them. It looks like they've been sitting there for a while.

At that moment a butterfly fluttered its way over to their face before gently coming to rest upon their outstretched finger. A smile spread across their obscured features, as their hair consistently concealed their eyes. From what features I could see; they were a child. Their hair was a bob cut while their eyes were constantly hidden behind their thick bangs, preventing any kind of visual of their eyes. They wore a sweater with a single stripe wrapping around their abdomen and baggy shorts to allow room for movement.