Iron

Cold cell walls, cold cell floor.

Grey playing all around.....

You sighed. Not like humming will make anything better. Not like anything you wrote here would make anything better at all.

How long had it been now? Days? Weeks?

God forbid..... years?

You shook your head and sighed. No. There was no way it had been years.

Then again..... days blurred together.

It wasn't even your fault. A glance, a mistaken picture. Convenience, maybe bad luck. You had not.... killed someone. But the jury had decided your fate before you even entered, and the gavel slammed with a jurisdiction that could only mean bad things.

You scoffed. 'Foundation'..... they promised freedom for cooperation.

Yeah, right.

A gentle klaxon rang throughout the cell as your door churned open, the mechanism barely able to support itself at this point. In walked a short, blonde scientist. Dainty circular glasses perfectly framed her face, her curly hair gently falling around her olive pallor.

Probably the most beautiful thing you were ever going to see again.

Before you-

"Hello."

You blinked, contemplating how to respond before gently nodding back.

"Hey."

She wouldn't get anything more out of you. Not if you could help it.

A sigh escaped her lips as she shifted her weight, scanning the clipboard she had before glancing up to you. No empathy laid behind her eyes, only the cold glare of saline and too many horrible things. 

"A test you probably aren't coming back from."

She said nothing more, but your heart sank as soon as those words hit your brain like a ton of bricks. You were going to die.

You... were... going.... to DIE.

Tears formed in your eyes as you sighed and nodded, wearily standing from your cold metal bed to gently limp over to the doctor, obediently holding out your hands. You couldn't see them, but you knew they were there.....

And right on time two guards forcefully shoves you to the wall, handcuffing you promptly, the cold iron cutting against your fragile wrists.

"Hey, I'm being obedient. No need to be so rough."

Everything flew over these guys' heads, and you knew they weren't listening.

But it was fun to pretend someone cared.

The scientist gently grabbed onto your shirt collar, the two guards flanking you vigilantly, and you were promptly shoved out of your prison, the bright white disinfectant atmosphere clogging your senses and stinging your nose with hateful consistency.

It was all you could do to stop yourself from allowing those tears to fall.

Time began to fade and merge as you were led throughout the halls. Screaming, shrieking, the occasional klaxon constantly surrounded you, threatening to traumatize you.

Not like you'd let it.

Only a fucking eternity passed before you were greeted by a door, the doctor swiftly leaning forward and swiping her card, almost eager to see you to your doom.

And then you were shoved it.

They couldn't even walk you to your death.

Quivering you lifted yourself from the filthy ground, glancing around at the pool of acid that lapped at the plexi-cement container holding it. Threatening to consume you.

You glanced up fearfully, at least wanting a glance of what exactly would be killing you.

Nothing so far.....

Suddenly, a spray of acid hit the walls (nearly you as well) as a gargantuan lizard..... horse.... THING rose out of the water, a growl emanating from it's abdomen menacingly, hauntingly. Of course, gravity took it's toll, and the thing collapsed onto the land, then eyeing you.... hungrily.

You whimper, taking a quivering step back. This.....

This wasn't fair.

Then, a... chuckle. From the lizard?

"Aww, so scared."

You tensed up. Yup, from the lizard.

The ground reverbed as he made his way to you, his footsteps somewhat lumbering in the slickest way possible for his size, and he stops only a few meters from you, a hungry, predatory look in his glinting yellow eyes.

You squeezed your eyes shut, frozen. Why, why, why couldn't you run!?

"Don't be scared.... it'll be over soon."

He chuckles, an air of evil just drifting around him, it's lazy flight shocking you to the bone, freezing you before him.

"I don't feel like... fighting today. Just.... lay down for me."

Oh, this was crazy.... but you were going to die either way. Maybe.... maybe it would hurt LESS if you listened to this.... this monster.

You took a deep breath and laid yourself down obediently, putting one leg up. Why? To make it easier for him. 

Tears stung the corners of your eyes. He was going to kill you, you were going to die, everythi-

"Whoa. I didn't actually expect you to listen."

He eyed you suspiciously.

"Wait. I see what this is. They're trying to give me the damn tapeworms again fOr sCiEnTiFiC rEsEaRcH. Well, I won't fall for it this time. HA!"

He shoots a condescending laugh at the window, his entire body tense, leathery.

The researchers inside look hella confused.

He snickers before laying himself down and.... completely ignoring you.

Yes, yes!

Hope suddenly shot through you like an arrow, piercing your heart and healing your soul. You were going to make it out alive! You almost stumble to your feet, your entire body shaking gently, previously in fear, but now in relief.....

Suddenly, the monotone glare of a speaker clicks on, the entire room vibrating with the familiar cupped sound of a voice, the speaker's audio almost making it seem manmade.

- "Start a conversation with him." -

You felt a glare overtake you as you shot a look of disgust towards this speaker, obviously possessing every right to be infuriated at this point.

"I want to go free."

- "No." -

Just no, then silence. A condemning silence, and heavy silence that weighted your entire body.

So you hadn't survived.

Then, a familiar voice. One of the lizard's. 

Just a simple sentence..... but one that would change your life forever.

Five words that would impact you more than you would ever know.

He chuckles deeply, still laying down but at least... semi paying attention. Then, he spoke.

"Go on, talk to me."

~

ONE THOUSAND WORDS

*bow, bow*

I hope this story goes well. I haven't seen as many of these as I would like, so I just-

Erm-

Casually made my own.

Yknow, as any teen with a fanfiction obsession would do.

But anyways.

Cyalllllll 

~Toby