F I V E

Thanks so much for 1.3k views! :)

I stare in defeat at the lock on my new locker.

I had just finished my first class and then I went to where Mr Jenkins told me my locker was, except it has a lock already on it.

I've been trying to pull it off the last five minutes and it's not budgeting. The thought came into my head that I should just carry my books for the day and then at the end of the day I can ask someone at the office to open it but then I decided that would be to much work and even if I wanted to ask someone to take it off now, it'd still take to long. So I -or more like my short patience and even shorter temper- decided to try to pull it off by myself. Safe to say I didn't succeed.

I sigh. I'm about to walk away and finally ask the office lady Joanna for help and ask her to watch the rest of my books when someone clears their throat behind me.

I spin around and see a girl with dark hair and blue streaks staring at me amused. She arches an eyebrow. "I'm guessing you're my new locker buddy?"

I furrow my eyebrows confused. "Oh, I guess so. I didn't realise I was getting a locker buddy."

She walks past me to the locker. The locker has a slight dent in it to which she furrows her eyebrows at and turns to me confused. I blow out my breath and shrug, acting clueless. She types in the code and moves aside to allow me to see it; 8289 and swings the locker open. "Yeah, every new student has to share a locker their first few weeks so that it can help them make a friend easier."

"That kinda makes sense. Well, I'm Aurora."

She smirks. "Jade."

And that's how I made my first friend.

Turns out Jade was in my same year and in most of my classes and that's why she was picked as my locker buddy, so I can atleast know one person each lesson.

I also learned that while she looks intimidating, she is actually nice and pretty funny.

She let me sit next to her in class and told me I can hang out with her at lunch.

She did warn me that we probably won't stay long in the cafeteria as she is meeting up with friends.

***

Lunch came around quick enough. I was waiting in line with Jade at the cafeteria when Sebatian and Oliver walked in.

They sat over at the table surrounded by cheerleaders and typical Jocks and a few minutes later Dominic walked in and sat at a table next to his friends.

They were definitely giving me a different vibe from the twins friends.

While their friends were wearing Varsity jackets and cheer outfits, Dominic's wore mostly leather and dark washed Jean's.

I'm about to look away when I catch eyes of the guy beside him.

Grey eyes.

He doesn't look away and neither do I, no matter how much he intimates me.

He's leaning back in his chair, dark hair slightly swept over his eyes and his gaze never leaves mine. He doesn't seem to appreciate my stare as he slightly glares at me but I don't miss the amused smile at the corner of his mouth.

Our staring contest is interrupted by Jade shoving me. I snap my eyes up to her and she's standing behind me with raised eyebrows.

"What?" I ask confused.