chapter 3

"Uh?Oh yeah I'm ready, you?"she answer his question
"If you are then I'm too" he answered with a smile but didn't receive one

He missed her. He missed the moments he spent with her. Stargazing together, riding wild horses together, having fun together. He hated the war. It destroyed her and him as well.

13/6/1918

Time. Something that doesn't exist in that tunnel. They didn't know if it was day or night. They didn't know anything at all

As they were digging they heard a noise from the other side of the "wall".
"It's German" she told the three men.
"How do you know that?"said Freddie with a frown
"I heard a German soldier speaking" that's the only thing she said. It wasn't a lie, just half the truth. Danny spoke before either Freddie or Tommy said anything to avoid any kind of disturbance.

"I'll lead"
"Watch yourself buddy" Freddie said
"Be careful Danny"Tommy said

Danny started moving closer to the wall that was separating them and the Germans. 

After a while of waiting suddenly someone pushed Danny and behind him there were two men. One with a gun on his hand aiming at Tommy and another one on his way to capture anyone.

"TOMMY" Freddie said taking him out of the way, taking the shot that was supposed to hit his best friend

"FREDDIE" Aurelia said and rushed over to him

There was a big fuzz going on. Tommy was being choked, Danny was stabbed, Freddie was shot, and Aurelia was beaten up by someone. Probably the one with a gun, she didn't know.

11/11/1918

They were going home. They were finally going home after four years in that hell hole. Of course they let Polly and the others know about their return. It was Polly's birthday after all. They were sure that she would make every single dish on her book.

Well they didn't mind. Especially after all that shitty food they were eating there.

She missed 4 of her birthdays. She didn't even realise it. Her mind was all around the place at the time being that her last worry was a bloody birthday party.

They arrived by train. Loads of people were happy crying for seeing their loved ones. Polly, Ada and Finn. He was just a little baby when they left. And Ada she was as beautiful as ever of course. Polly was dressed like a queen. She was one.

"I missed you all so very much" Polly said
"AURELIAAA" Ada screamed at her sister. That's what they were. Sisters.
"ADA" said Aurelia while a tear what making its' entry.
"It's over" Ada said to her and she smiled
"Is it?" she whispered hoping no one would hear.

He did. He heard her. She had it worse than him but still she looked like the war never happened. 'How can she do that?' was his instant thought.

"Polly we are going home to change and after that we are going at the Garrison to celebrate" Arthur said with a smile on his face
"How are my children Polly?" John asked worrying about his children
"They were so happy to hear that their dada was coming back home and they are so smart, like Martha" Ada said while peeking glances at Freddie. That didn't go unnoticed by his sister though who looked intrigued

"Thank you for taking care of them Pol" John said crying from his deceased wife's remembrance

"Come on guys let's go celebrate!"said Arthur

...

She and Freddie went on to their home to get ready. Freddie could easily see how her mood changed the moment she stepped her foot in the house. The doctors and nurses there didn't know what happened to her therefore he couldn't know.

He was worried. He couldn't tell if she was happy to be home or pretending to be happy.He should go easy on her.

She on the other hand felt like heaven when she entered. The memories from when they were kids running around the house all happy and sloppy breaking almost everything in the house without worrying about anything, made her feel warm. Safe.

Putting those thoughts aside she started walking her way to her room to get ready. She decided to not think about it at all. She decided to delete this dark chapter of her life. She wanted to and she needed to.

She firstly took a hot bath. She looked at her scars but she didn't dare look at her back. It would be covered in wounds that were healing.

After that she opened her closet and took her mother's old dress 'for special occasions'. She was a prostitute and an alcoholic. She died when I was 4 and Freddie was 7. Their so called father abandoned them because he found himself a 20 year old girl. That's when polly took them in.

(The dress can be like the one all the way up,you can have a one besides that though)

She put some mascara and a red lipstick on. She felt beautiful on the outside but so ugly on the inside.

"AURELIA WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE LATE" her brother yelled at as he was loosing his patience
"DON'T FUCKING CHALLENGE ME TO TAKE LONGER THAN WHAT I HAVE TO"
she yelled back at him while putting her heels on

After three minutes she walked down the stairs. She met her brother's eyes staring at her upside down, shocked that his baby sister could look so beautiful in that ugly woman's dress.

"Shall we be off, my lady?" he said offering his hand to her. She took it and responded
"We shall, my lord" and they both started laughing

...

The moment they stepped into the pub everyone's eyes was at Aurelia Thorne. The communist's sister. That's what they called her. But now she was going to change that.

She was Aurelia Fucking Thorne.

"Tommy"said her brother stiffly to him nodding as a greeting gesture
"Freddie" Tommy said also stiffly. Everyone noticed that and they were left shook. Something happened when they were back in France that they didn't know about.

Everyone looked at Aurelia with a question look in their faces. Even she didn't know what happened. Nobody but the two of them did.

"You look beautiful AJ" Polly said to diffuse the tension
"Yeah that dress was made for you Lia" Ada said agreeing with her aunt
"She looks fucking amazing"John said . He was so drunk but she felt grateful and smiled to them.
"Now if you excuse me, I have to drink my arse today"she said walking over to Harry

"Hey Harry, how have you been?"she said to him
"Hey Aurelia, I'm good thanks, how about you, how has the war treated you?"
"I'm fine. Now I would like a bottle of cherry rum and a bottle of whiskey please "she said to the barman without answering his question
He sighed and gave her the bottles she asked for. Her brother was sitting with some communist bastards she didn't know.

What in the hell happened after the tunnel incident?