20| Memory Lane.

ABUJA , NIGERIA.

Few hours into her sleep, Jalilah felt someone hyperventilating which she thought she was dreaming. She jerked up when it didn't stop only for her gaze to fall on him.

She immediately yanked away the duvet from her body and sat up on the bed taking hold of his arm.
"Subhannallah, Ya Jalal what's the matter?"

When he didn't respond, she hurriedly got down from the bed and headed to the kitchen. She came back shortly with a glass of water.

"Please have some water." She said sitting beside him as she fed him the water. After some while, he calmed down.

Jalilah stared at him with softness in her eyes wondering what could be wrong with him. Was he sick all this while that they've all never noticed?

"Ya Jalal...what's wrong with you please?" She asked in a softened voice.

He didn't gave her an answer rather stood up and brusquely left to the bathroom. He came out shortly and started praying nawafills countlessly till Jalilah couldn't hold up and waited for him to finish as she intended and drifted back to sleep.

He woke her up for fajr and left for the masjid afterwards. Jalilah decided to stay awake and wait for him after the prayers but there was never a sign of Jalal. She wondered what was wrong with him and why he was shutting her out. She checked the clock and when she saw it was already 6:30am and he still wasn't back. She left his side after tidying the room.

She entered the house with billion dollar questions in her mind. She thought about telling Banina but refrained from doing so after much thinking.

She wondered what was wrong with him tho.

***
Jalal checked his wristwatch and when he saw it was already 7am in the morning. He replaced the Qur'an he was reading back to it's rack and left the masjid.

He sighed when he saw no signs of Jalilah in his room which meant she has left. He hated the fact that she now already knows one of his weaknesses! and he isn't ready for any of her questions and whatnot.

He took a shower and dressed up in his office casuals before leaving.
After twenty minutes of roaming on the streets of Abuja, he parked his car in front of a large building where other cars were parked.

He checked his watch hoping he wasn't late for his appointment. The smell of antiseptic hit his nostrils immediately he stepped into the reception. He hated that place.

He took the lift that takes to the office and five minutes later, he was infront of the office where the owner's name was written boldy on the door.

He knocked and went in after a silent 'come in' from the owner of the office. He salaamed and settled on the visitors chair in the cool welcoming office.

"I had the dream again." He blurted out.

Doctor Naznin looked up at him with a confused look, her lips forming a pout.

"And my wife witnessed it.." He added.

"And that was what you never wanted to happen right?...at least not this soon with her?" Dr Naznin raised her brows to which he slowly gave a nod.