Chapter 1

Tellers pov:

Y/n was very aware of the fact that something had changed overnight, she could feel it in her bones as she was kicking around in bed trying to fight the insomnia. But it wasn't until she woke up and dragged her sleepless body downstairs, that she realized her living room had taken a jump 70 years back in time. Not her favorite time period she must admit.

Sighning she rubs her eyes, clearly she couldn't have done this while sleeping, that's her safe place, right?
No, this wasn't her doing, but if it wasn't her doing, then who had the powers to do so?

Y/n shakes her head trying to avoid the voice inside of her telling her she should go back to sleep, but when has that ever helped? No, Y/n decided to actually leave her house today, maybe even say hello to someone on her street.. Maybe.

With a snap Y/n is ready with a dress fitting her surroundings and a full stomach for her trip, the only thing left is fighting her own social anxiety.

The 435 years old witch finds it embarrassing to have a thing as mundane as anxiety, everyone seemed to have it these days - whatever these days are - and those who doesn't are ridiculous enough to say they do.

Y/ns anxiety has grown over the years, but it started already when she gave up on friendships back in Salem as her best friend was burned at the stake.
Y/n hadn't witnessed it, her heart couldn't bear it, she knew her friend had taken risks, but she still couldn't bring herself to the square. Her friend was young and inexperienced, but her friend hungered for power, Y/n had later realized her friend might have been jealous of her, but why want something you've seen the consequences of with front row seats?

After the loss of her friend Y/n kept to her mother, but she was no wise witch and got herself killed in an accident only few weeks before the witch hunt started and Y/n had to admit it was smart, not many witches made it out of the city unseen, Y/n surely didn't. She begged her catchers to release her, she couldn't control her powers, but the men had laughed and send her to the stake where she had killed every witness men as women. That's when she decided that friends and family did her no good. They not only messed with her emotions, but her powers too, Y/n was after all rather sensitive.

Y/n lived in the woods for the next many years, traveled to other continents trying to contain her powers, but without luck.

And after many years with no place to call home she moved to Westview, a town as sad as her tale. This is far from a home to her, but this is where she lives now, until she's exposed and she has to run again. Y/n is cursed with immortality and has over the years many times thought about ending the curse, but why have lived unhappy for so long only to die unhappy? No, Y/n still had a slight hope to find happiness somewhere, just a little and then she could lay herself down and sleep peacefully.

Y/ns pov:

Pacing towards and away from my door I try to convince myself to go outside, I've lived here for so long if I had to slip, it wouldn't be all too bad, but my hand can't bring itself to the doorknob.
I sigh, I'm supposed to be over four hundred years old and I'm scared of the outside world, I mean come on Y/n!

As if pulling my desire towards me (which isn't one of my powers, I have to explain to myself) a light knocking hits my door and I freeze in my spot.
"Who is it?" I ask in a raspy unused voice, but then quickly cover my mouth with both of my hands, as if I would know who it is if they told me.
"It's Agnes, I live just across the street, but I don't think we've met yet" a warm and friendly voice says from the other side of my front door.

I feel my curiosity grow inside of me and take a step closer to the door, maybe Agnes has an answer to whatever had happened? Or maybe Agnes is here to explain to me how stupid and unable I am of love. I sigh, Agnes doesn't even know me.

"Are you okay, dear? I can come back later" the thought of her leaving and me being all alone again kick-starts my system and I fly towards the door, literally.
It is way easier to invite her inside rather than having to go outside and maybe it's about time I start meeting my neighborhood.

"No, I'm fine just-" just what exactly?, "cleaning the dishes, I had wet hands" with a swirl of a finger my sink is filled with bubbles and plates I haven't used it ages.
The woman standing in the doorframe has dark hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I've seen in a very long time and they're fixed directly at me.
"Oh, sorry for being so impolite, should've known" she waves it off with a chuckle and invites herself inside. I quickly close the door behind her and rush after her trying to hide as many of my not-so-mundane books as possible.

"Such a nice place you have here, do you live alone?" What a weird thing to ask someone after bursting into someone's house, is this really how curious people are these days?
"Yes, I do" I answer bluntly, "may I ask you something?" despite being old I'm not very patient.
Agnes hums a yes.
"Do you feel weird? As if the world is.. Weird?" how come I just don't know how to form words, I know I don't use my voice much, but the words are supposed to come from the brain and mine should function properly.

"I'm not sure I understand" Agnes says with a smile, how does she manage to smile with her eyes?
"No, sorry. I don't want to bother you" I sigh and lower my gaze, at least I tried.
"Bother me? Oh honey you surely don't bother me, I don't think I can possibly be bothered by any other than Ralph" the woman chuckles and I can't help, but wonder who this Ralph is, maybe her boss.

"Oh- um- s-sorry then" I bite my lips nervously, "why did you come, I mean-" but Agnes waves me off understanding my question.
"I just wanted to say hi, I've lived here for so long, but never seen you, do you ever leave your house?" her question was clearly a joke, but as she notice I'm not laughing along with her, she realize I in fact do not leave the house.
"Oh.." she says and Cover her mouth with her hand, "I'm so sorry.. Um?"
"Y/n" I mumble, not looking up.
There's a long silence where I don't dare look up to meet Agnes' face, but then she takes a step closer towards me and grab my hand.

"I'm sorry, Y/n" all the joy and carefree has left her voice and a deep comforting sound pulls me into a warm embrace, no one has spoken to me like this in ages, like they actually care.

The floor gets blurry and my heart drops towards it, Agnes will soon forget about me or die of old ages before I even look around, so why do I let her stay here and watch me be vulnerable.

I pull my hand out of hers and hold it close to my chest like she was trying to hurt me, "I think you should leave" I whisper and to my shock Agnes heard me, but she instead takes a step closer to me.
"Y/n..I-" I turn around and repeat the words this time with my voice stern and cold, "I think you should leave."
I can feel the woman behind me, feel how she wants to ignore me and take another step closer, but then she stops. The next thing I hear is the sound of the door opening and closing, I drop to the floor.

Agathas pov:

I close the door carefully and softly trying my best not to seem angry and I think I succeeded, but my hand won't leave the doorknob, I can't bring myself to leave Y/n like this. I'm supposed to be the noisy neighbor, but I clearly hit a soft spot.
I bite down my tongue and release my grib, I know I shouldn't but a quick invisible spell let me stand in front of the window where I look in.

It takes me a good minute to realize Y/n hasn't left her living room, but is sitting on the floor with her back leaning against her couch, sobbing.
I feel bad, which I know I shouldn't I'll be gone in a snap and will forget about the town, but I truly feel bad.

___________________________________
Hello I hope you like this!
I haven't written fan fiction in so
long so please let me know what
you think!

Anygays, I'll be back in a snap
-M