Chapter 5

Y/n pov:

The light is bright, too bright as I blink my sore eyes open. I'm laying on an unfamiliar couch, with my head placed on an unfamiliar pillow in an unfamiliar room and it takes me a good minute to realize I'm in Agathas living room.

I sit up too fast, black spots appears in my sight and the world starts to spin. I reach out for something, anything that might steady me, and my fingers wrap themselves around a cold glass of liquid which I can only assume is water.

Sipping, what truly is water, in me my sight comes back and I can finally start to picture the figure sitting in front of me and I feel everything rush over me all over again.

"You're here" I whisper barely looking into Agatha's gorgeous blue eyes as my head is bent.
"I said I would" she whispers back, insecurity loud in her voice. I want to shout at her scream that she said so many things, but my body is drained. I have not been social in ages and I was never good at it, when I was younger I wasn't either, it always drained me and I went out cold for days, apparently I might never get any better because here I am and now I also have to get used to the fact that my friend didn't die, she just left.

"Y/n, why did you do that?" Agatha asks with worry written all over her face.
"Do what?" I ask as I let my body fall back into the comfort of the couch.
"You- y-you drained yourself! Like you were feeding off your own powers" I frown confused and close my eyes letting a dramatic hand fall upon my forehead.
"I have no idea what you're talking about" I admit bluntly and feel her shift to another position, "Y/n, I'm serious" she says sounding rather bossy.
"Me too" I snap back and open my eyes, but an irritating fluttery spreads in my belly as I see her face not far from mine.

Blushing I turn around and pull the pillow on top of my head, "I hate you" I mutter, but the words cause tears to sting in my eyes, "at least I wish I could."
I hear movements and footsteps behind me and it doesn't take long for me to realize I'm alone in the room, but I still don't turn around, my eyes and cutting deep into the green fabric of the couch.

I want to hate her, I so wish I could hate her, but every part of me wants to get up and run into her warm embrace that would hold me close while we fell asleep in the hay.

Agathas pov:

"I hate you. At least I wish I could" I deserve to hear those words, but that doesn't mean they hurt any less.

The thought about ever seeing Y/n had never acquired to me over the years, maybe I deep down thought someone had found a way to kill the unkillable witch. Maybe I had hoped I wouldn't have to see her again, I know what I did was wrong, selfish and out of fear, but I couldn't bear the thought of Y/n being angry with me, but she is, she hates me.

Tears starts stinging in my eyes and I try to blink them away with no luck, how stupidly weak I am! But hasn't Y/n always been my soft spot? I wish I could go back in time and hold her closer under the roof of the barn again, listen to her breath and heartbeat as she slowly drifted off to a peaceful sleep. I would always make sure she was sound asleep before I as much as closed my eyes, she was always the one with the nightmares, no matter how hard she tried to magic them away they haunted her.

Still with the glsss of water in my hand I fill it and swallow some liquid myself. We're in the 70s and no matter how much I want to stay with Y/n she needs time and calmness and I need to mess with a young witch's mind.

I fill the glass again and walk back into my living room where Y/n is still laying with her head facing the couch as if she's trying to forget where she is.
"I have to go out for a while, I'll be back soon, you're welcome to stay if you'd like" I say placing the glass on the table, I don't get any response.
Either she's ignoring me completely or she has fallen asleep. I hope for the last part and it wouldn't surprise me as I've never seen any witch before draining themselves like that, it was like she was forcing herself to be in pain.