Chapter 3

Trigger warning: self-harm.

Y/ns pov:

The smoke is thick in my throat, I try to cough, but I'm strangled by the iron collar there's burning around my sore neck.
I look out into the crowd there's shouting and already celebrating my death, but they have no idea what's coming for them and if it wasn't for the iron blade resting on my tongue I would gladly tell them to run.

The man in front of me pulls me towards the stake, but I stumble and try to take off with my hands, but they're tightly tied close to my body so my knees takes the fall. I hear chuckles from the crowd, but when I stand up with tears in the eyes it is not because of shyness, but guilt.

I feel someone push me forward and I take a few quick steps and get closer to the stake, then a few steps up and I stand face to wood with the stake, this is the fifth. I don't know what makes these men believe in the fact that they can kill me, but their friends couldn't.

"Any last words, witch?" the man spits the last word out of his mouth like it was poison, I nod, but he couldn't care less I was after all in his eyes just an untamed animal.

The man turns me around ties me to the stake, I'm facing the crowd, but no one really looks at me, at least I don't think so until I catch the eyes of a small boy. His red hair is burning alive on his head, freckles covers his face and a pair of green eyes light up.

Tears appear in my eyes and I try to guide the boy away, I try to point away from the crowd with my head. He understands.
"Daddy" he says and shake the arm of a tall man standing with a smirk on his face, "we have to go daddy" the boy cries.
The redhead looks back me and see the tears in my eyes he understands, run boy, run!

"William, stop. There is no danger here, look" a tear slides down my cheek as the man lifts the boy up in his arms. I want to scream at him, tell him to let the boy go, but I can't, I simply can't.

A man with a torch walks up on the platform, a grin plastered across his face. I shake my head wildly and tears escape my eyes, I try to break free, but I can't, not yet.

"Please" I try to say, but the word is swallowed by a silent sound of someone choking. me.
"You end has finally arrived, witch, such pity you don't die as proud as your fellow pests" he says and starts the fire.

Oh how I wish I would die, how I wish I didn't have to lose control, but I can already feel the white light leaving my fingertips, I can already feel my body choking the fire, I can already hear the silence after the crowd is dead.

"Daddy, please" the young boy William cries, but it is too late.

Power rushes through my body. It burns from my chest to my arms and leave my fingertips. Like a wind cutting through the air my powers pushes through everything around me. My powers make the iron chain and blade crumble.

Coughing the iron out of my mouth I fall to the ground with not as much as a bird whistling in my ear, the square is stone dead.

With glassy eyes I look up. White faces and bodies lay around on the ground and one still with burning red hair and shining green eyes, a handsome man he would've become.

Agathas pov:

With a sob I fly out of my bed sweaty from the nightmare that so clearly did not belong to me, but the person I can't get off my mind.
My hands are shaking when I reach for the glass of water on the nightstand. Drowning the water I shake my body, but the nightmare was so alive, so real, but Y/n can't possibly be this old? She doesn't look a day over twenty-five.