Family Games: Bloodbath

Dove Milestone POV

The moment has finally come.

The day I get to kill my father. I don't know why I hate him so much.

Oh wait! Yes I do. He killed a peacekeeper which caused me to get reaped! Then he almost killed me with a stupid beer bottle!

I'm sure my mother will be upset, but I know she'll get over loosing an insane husband.

I feel bad that mother had to marry such a horrible man.

My legs almost give out as the pedestal begins to rise.

I expect light to burst around me, but instead all I see is a dark and gloomy sky. I look around and take in my surroundings. This is the most interesting arena ever. The cornucopia is on a single piece of land. Then there are five bridges that lead to separate pieces of land. There is a forrest area, a snow area, a mountain, a beach area and dessert area. The space that isn't covered with land is filled with a black liquid. So I assume that if you fall of any piece of land you will drown in the liquid.

I look in the cornucopia and see a mace laying just inside the cornucopia. I'm going to get that mace.

To my left is Michael from 10 and his grandmother is beside him.

"Michael." Says Kathy

"What is it grandmother?" Asks Michael.

"I'm not going to survive. I love you. Please stay alive for me and know that I will always love you. I watch over you." She says

"Grandma, just stick to our plan." Says Michael

"No Michael, goodbye." She says, and with that the old woman steps off her pedestal.

He blood and gut explode and covers Michael and whoever was next to her. I notice that it's my father who was standing beside Kathy. I smirk. He deserves to be covered in blood. His own blood.

"Tributes! Let the Family Games begin!"

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

Gong!

I leap off my pedestal and sprint towards the mace in the cornucopia.mi reach there right before the careers arrive. I quickly pick up a pack of throwing knives and throw it in the black liquid. I hear Kylie scream in frustration as she notices I throw them in.

I pick up the mace and spin around. Michael who is bawling on his pedestal will be my first kill. I run up to him and swing my mace. It hits his chest and his eyes bulge our. He gasp before collapsing and dyeing on the ground.

I watch as Ed from 2 and Marco from 1 fight over a sword. With Marco being 19 he easily wins and stabs Ed in the gut. His body slides off of his sword.

Thalia slashes at Vincent's gut. Xavier watches in horror as his uncle is killed before him. But I grabs a pack and sprints down the bridge leading towards the forrest.

Everyone is clearing from the cornucopia. Then I spot my insane father looking through stuff at the cornucopia. I run over to him and swing my mace into his back. He screams in pain and drops to the floor.

He looks up at me with glassy eyes.

"Dove, I truly am sorry, please forgive me." He says gasping

"No." I say and his body goes limp.

A huge wall of emotion hits me and I go dizzy. I sit down a realize what I've done.

I killed my father. Why? Because I was stupid.

Sure he caused me to be in this mess but we could have worked things through.

Maybe I'm the insane one...

Deceased Tributes