Chapter 05; Under Control

Damon and Brynn are newly weds! It's been about three weeks since the abduction of Stefan. They got Rudy and Liz to be their witnesses and went to their local courthouse to get married after the license and everything else was done. Brynn is now officially Brynn Howardess Salvatore.

Damon is up and annoyed right now. He and Brynn have spent the last couple days as a newly married couple breaking it all in. Now, Stefan has his music blaring. He's not surprised that Brynn is already awake. He gets up and goes to Stefan's room.

"Could you turn it up a little bit?" Damon asks sarcastically. "It's not annoying yet."

"Sorry," Stefan claims, but he never moves to turn the music down or off.

Damon rolls his eyes and he turns the music off. "When are you going back to school instead of listening to me and the newest Salvatore?"

"Soon," Stefan replies as he continues doing push-ups.

"Oh, come on," Damon groans. "Just drink already. Come on, this self detox is not natural," he adds as he lays his glass of blood on the table.

"Can you get that away from me please?" Stefan asks.

"How long did it take to wean yourself off it the last time you indulged?" Damon asks and Stefan continues working out instead of answering. "That's not good."

"I'll be fine," Stefan claims. "It just takes a little bit of time."

"I don't get it; you know, you don't have to kill to survive," Damon says. "That's what blood banks are for. I haven't hunted a human in... God, way too long."

"Oh, I'm impressed," Stefan says mockingly.

"It's completely self-serving," Damon says. "I'm trying to get the town off the trail of vampires, which is not very easy considering there is an entire tomb of them running around."

"What are we planning to do about that?" Stefan asks.

"We are mot going to do much of anything if you don't have your strength," Damon replies. "There's nothing wrong with partaking in a healthy died of human blood from a blood bank. You're not actually killing anyone."

"I have my reasons," Stefan claims.

Meanwhile downstairs, Brynn is eating some breakfast she's made herself since Damon's had the breakfast of the vampire champions - Blood. She made herself some pancakes, bacon, turkey sausage, and scrambled eggs. Damon doesn't come down until Brynn had her empty plate and dirty dishes in the sink and is washing them, her ring set laying on the counter.