Chapter 35; Original Sin

Since Hayley and Tyler agreed to babysit Giuseppe to get some practice in since they've found their own place, Brynn and Kol are taking a road trip with Damon, Elena, and Katherine to find Stefan

Since Hayley and Tyler agreed to babysit Giuseppe to get some practice in since they've found their own place, Brynn and Kol are taking a road trip with Damon, Elena, and Katherine to find Stefan. Kol, bring the good brotherly figure he is, brought snacks for the pregnant witch with him. And while Rebekah is busy with college classes and Elijah and Jenna are planning their wedding with Klaus, Finn is spending some time with Mayor Carol Smith, she's going by her maiden name and is Mayor again since Rudy was killed.

Katherine is stuck in the backseat with Brynn and Kol while Elena sits in the passenger's seat of Damon's car. A car that Brynn had always loved.

"You sure you know what you're looking for?" Damon asks.
"Last bar had a red awning and a neon sign."

"I know it when I see it."

Katherine, being in between Kol and Brynn, pops her head in between Delena. "Me too."

"Didn't ask you," Damon says, Kol snickers. He hates Elena but Kol is still doing this. Kol promised Brynn he'd be nice and make amends.

"I'm just trying to make conversation," Katherine says. "These two won't talk."

"I have nothing to say to you, darling," Kol claims with a cocky smirk.

Katherine rolls her eyes and she turns back to the couple in the car. "Anything to drown out the sound of eggshells breaking, so, Elena, I couldn't help but overhear. You've been dreaming about Stefan all summer? That must be really stressful on a new relationship, especially when you're having those kinds of dreams while laying in bed next to his brother."

"They weren't dreams," Elena defends. "It was just a bad feeling, like something wasn't right with him."

"Oh, no, yeah, sure. I totally get it," Katherine purrs. "There's still a connection between you two. Maybe deep dowm, you know he was as your one true love and breaking up with him was a big mistake."

"Ignore her," Damon says. "As soon as the vervain's out of her sister, we'll compel her and we'll put her on mute."

"Or maybe Stefan's been trying to reach out to you all summer, amd you've been to distracted with Damon to help him so he reached out to the person he trusts the most - me."

"Why in the bloody hell would he trust you?" Kol asks. "I don't know you like your brothers, but I don't trust you."

Katherine glares at the paranoid brother and she looks back at the couple. "Nah. You're probably right. Elena and I had the same exact dream on the exact same night. Why would that mean something?"
(*****-*****)

Damon pulls up to a place called Joe's Bar and he gets out of the car with Elena and Kol. Brynn is napping and Katherine is, too, with her head on Brynn's shoulder. They walk inside.

"Can I get you something?" Jo, the female working, asks from behind the bar.

"Yes," Kol replies as he walks over to her and he compel; "why don't you tell me what happened to your neck, darling?"

"Some sicko attacked me, hit me, told me to run, so I did," Jo replies, "and when I looked back, he was on fire."

"The sun must have come up," Elena says to her boyfriend. "He doesn't have his daylight ring."

Kol glances at Elena and back at Jo. "And then what happened?"

"Some women shoved him into a truck, drove away," she replies.

"Did you know this woman?" Damon asks.

"No," Jo replies. "She was driving Cam Peterson's truck. He lives about ten miles down that dirt road out back. Here look. You look like you could use these." Jo pours three shots for each vampire.

Outside, Katherine wakes up to find Brynn studying her grimoire. She's not surprised the mom brought it. This one isn't the one she's creating. It was one of Jonas Martin's, her uncle.

"They're inside," Brynn tells Katherine when she lifts her head off the witch's shoulder.

"I'm going in," Katherine says. "Stay out here and be safe."

Katherine gets out and she goes into the bar. Brynn shrugs her shoulders once she disappears inside and returns to the spell book that once belonged to her uncle Jonas.
(****-****)

"Which one of you is Katherine Pierce?" Nadia asks Elena and Katherine.

"She is!" Katherine blurts and points at Elena.

"Katherine is a compulsive liar... but I need her alive," the woman claims.

Elena vamp speeds at Nadia amd slams her into a table. "Katherine, run!" Elena shoulder and Nadia's eyes vamp out, and altheotjentakes off running.

Nadia throws Elena against a wall and runs out of the building.

"Blood hell!" Kol growls amd he chases after Nadia.
(****-****)

"Brother," Kol says as he and Brynn enters the house, Giuseppe is sitting beside Klaus on the couch watching Tom and Jerry on tv. "Why did you not kill Katerina when you had a chance?"

Klaus smirks. "Because she hasn't met you yet."

Brynn grabs her son and she goes upstairs to work on Finn's cure some more.